Ensign
Hey everyone, I was just thinking about the next movie recently and after listening to the new writers talk about the project and the fat it's being written as we speak, it's lead me to believe that the film might involve the massive elephant in the room from ID, that being the "immortality" blood from Kahn that can seemly heal anything. It would make for an interesting moral dilemma between the "science" of the process and the idea of "should one have the power to control this substance? Should the federation? And how would it be used?"

Anyways, just wondering what other people have theorized about the next movie.
Captain
# 2
03-28-2014, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tngtrekman View Post
Hey everyone, I was just thinking about the next movie recently and after listening to the new writers talk about the project and the fat it's being written as we speak, it's lead me to believe that the film might involve the massive elephant in the room from ID, that being the "immortality" blood from Kahn that can seemly heal anything. It would make for an interesting moral dilemma between the "science" of the process and the idea of "should one have the power to control this substance? Should the federation? And how would it be used?"

Anyways, just wondering what other people have theorized about the next movie.
That doesnt need to be a factor.

I mean in ST4 they time traveled basically because they felt like it... that wasn't a "big elephant" later on either.
Support more story content in STO
Career Officer
# 3
03-28-2014, 01:31 PM
im not even gonna entertain what next they are gonna dredge up from the sewer. jjcrapverse has lost all creditability when the kelvin captain was more concerned with his wife and son then he was with being a captain of his ship before it was destroyed by the nerada, nero himself and the senseless destruction of vulcan, khans qo'nos transporter device from earth and khan turning some arrogant admirals head into smush. finally that stupid augment super blood.
T6 Miranda Hero Ship FTW. Been around since Dec 2010 and LTS in Apr 2013.
Quote:
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- Charles Darwin.
Does he have a point on STO forums? makes you wonder, huh?
Starfleet Veteran
# 4
03-28-2014, 01:32 PM
My predictions: It'll be a good movie but everyone will hate on it anyway because it's not Primeverse.
My Fan Fictions
Survivor of Romulus
# 5
03-28-2014, 01:33 PM
I predict it will bitterly divide a lot of fans, just like most of Star Trek does.

We're not a very cohesive fandom.
The Foundry Roundtable live Wednesdays at 7:30PM EST/4:30PM PST on twitch.tv/thefoundryroundtable
Forum Logic dictates that if the devs don't do what a poster wants, they therefor actively hate what that poster is advocating for.
Forum Logic =/= Real Logic
Captain
# 6
03-28-2014, 01:38 PM
I predict a rerun of Star Trek III with reversed roles for Spock and Kirk and a hella more explosions.

Followed by more JJ bashing in Ten Forward.
You haven't heard "Jukebox Hero" until you've heard it in the original Klingon.

Captain Elijah Barnabas Lowe, U.S.S. Sierra.
Captain
# 7
03-28-2014, 01:40 PM
Well, there are some changes this time around (for Star Trek 13).

1) It's an odd numbered movie. (Oh *****)
2) JJ will no longer be directing this film.
3) Damon Lindelof, one of the staff, will no longer be working on this movie.

With JJ airlocked, who knows what kind of direction the movie will take. Hopefully it adheres closer to TOS, and not another "let's beam across time and space to the frakking Klingon homeword and Section 31 and Khan and tribbles and Mudd and Praxis and Chapel and Captain Sulu and....

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
It's about time. DEVS NEED ACCOUNTABILITY.
Career Officer
# 8
03-28-2014, 01:40 PM
since us trolls have apparently been baited on your hook, guess that answers this silly thread.
Quote:
The highest possible stage in moral culture is when we recognize that we ought to control our thoughts.
- Charles Darwin.
Captain
# 9
03-28-2014, 01:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mirrorchaos View Post
since us trolls have apparently been baited on your hook, guess that answers this silly thread.
...What? /10char

stardestroyer001, Admiral, Explorers Fury PvE/PvP Fleet | Retired PvP Player
My Useful List of STO Forum Threads, Ship Builds & More!
It's about time. DEVS NEED ACCOUNTABILITY.
Career Officer
# 10
03-28-2014, 01:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by stardestroyer001 View Post
...What? /10char
the thread is linked with jjcrap, there are members like myself who hate everything to do with it is like irresistible bait, and then you got those fans of that crap who curse us haters for it without professing too much they love it, more perfect bait. look around more, there are threads over the years with these types of certain flame fests. thats what
Quote:
- Charles Darwin.