Starfleet Veteran
# 51
03-30-2014, 05:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by revandarklighter View Post
It did nothing of that.
It did not "introduce" Star Trek to anybody because it didn't have anything to do with Star Trek. And for the same reason it didn't contribute tp Star Treks survival.
And Star Trek is as significant/insignificant and before now, again.
Except there are new Trek fans around now because of the films. That's a fact.

Quote:
As if that made a good movie...
I never said that. Mirrorchaos stated that it had no redeeming qualities, and I mentioned which ones it did have. A film can be bad and still have redeeming qualities.

Quote:
I might argue that Into Darkness was somewhat of an enjoyable movie but.... the 2009 one was as enjoyable as a rectal examination....
TEHO. Though I agree that Into Darkness was much better than the first film, I don't think it was that bad.

Quote:
I'd wouldnt rate it with the other movies at all, just like I wouldnt rate man Adam Sandler movie in a scale of Star Trek movies.
But if I had to the 2009 film would end up far beyond Threshhold. And ID still beyond STV.
At first glance, I don't rate them with the other Trek films. But they are films, and can be compared in terms of quality, enjoyability, how rewatchable it is, etc.

Although, thinking about it, I still enjoy ST:V more than either film, even if I statistically think they're better films. But, I'm part of the minority who actually like ST:V and consider ST:G and ST:I my favourite Trek films, so...
My Fan Fictions
Captain
# 52
03-30-2014, 05:50 AM
Quote:
It did nothing of that.
It did not "introduce" Star Trek to anybody because it didn't have anything to do with Star Trek. And for the same reason it didn't contribute tp Star Treks survival.
And Star Trek is as significant/insignificant and before now, again.
Your opinion is not only wrong, it is stupid.
You don't like them, okay fine, but the are ST, they have it written in big blood letters, it DID increase the awareness of ST, not liking them is no excuse to be an idiot.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.
JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Unofficial Bortasq' Uniform colour guide here.