Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
# 21
02-06-2010, 02:22 PM
I hope they sort through this and set those servers up before the end of this weekend.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-06-2010, 02:27 PM
All this thread is missing is a link to the BBB!
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-06-2010, 02:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shosyn View Post
1. Constant DAILY servers/game going up and down
2. Tons of Bugged Missions
3. Starbase K7 gone off the map for a day or more
5. Multiple costuming issues
6. PVE random balancing issues (one day way to easy, next day way to hard)
7. Very localized Promotions (DelTaco Shuttle)
8. almost 1000+ IN Queue at peak times (hours to logon, WHEN the severs are up)
9. Zoning/warping/beamdown crash's amuck
10. Massive attacks by gold farmers (Most players getting 7-10 emails a day and constant chat spam)

I am being general here and also made this list in a quick two minutes without thinking to hard...

but alas in 15 of 793 in Queue ...so im hitting the post button....

I HOPE YOU GET THE ABOVE ISSUES SORTED - The Game has Potential.

Hope is all we have!

1-9 this is a new MMORPG, this is normal
10 again they are in almost every MMORPG thats out there, and they are very hard to get rid of.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Na keep the whine posts coming, it'll give the cryptic crew something to vent their fustrations on. Plus the sheer comedy value makes it all the more entertaining.

What we need is Mr T as forum moderator.

"Shuurup foo'"
"Quit your jibba-jabba"
"Or what? Sucka!"

I can only dream....

As a sidenote, its like Jim Henson's workshop in here...Full of muppets.
Lt. Commander
# 25 Queue, huh?
02-06-2010, 04:10 PM
How could Cryptic and Atari not foreseen the number of people trying to play STO. With so many fans of Star Trek it's almost a freaking cult. That's plain ignorance on their part. I dont have the patient to wait hours to play a game when I want to play it the moment I decide to play it. I could find something better to do with my time than watch my number in the queue drop. F-this game, deleted it and deleting this account. What a waste of $50
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-06-2010, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.Ahab
How could Cryptic and Atari not foreseen the number of people trying to play STO. With so many fans of Star Trek it's almost a freaking cult. That's plain ignorance on their part. I dont have the patient to wait hours to play a game when I want to play it the moment I decide to play it. I could find something better to do with my time than watch my number in the queue drop. F-this game, deleted it and deleting this account. What a waste of $50
Your ignorance, clearly, shows no bounds. Which is of course ironic since you're accusing Cryptic and Atari of being ignorant.

Here. I'll make a pretty list of the reasons you obviously didn't even consider thinking about:

1. Star Trek games have historically not been very successful.
2. The IP, when the game was first taken by Cryptic, didn't have a bright future.
3. The IP was recently rejuvenated but taken into a new "reality" than this game takes place in.
4. The game was vaporware until being picked up by Cryptic. This makes potential customers uneasy.
5. Star Trek fans aren't inherently gamers, as you're implying
6. It's release is soon after Christmas, not everyone has their finances stabilized
7. It's release is during one of the world's worst economic times

You seem to be suggesting that they could look at Nielsen ratings or DVD sales and somehow know exactly how many people would pick the game up. That's preposterous. This isn't a fantasy game ala WoW, LotRO, Conan, Warhammer, ****, etc.

They were entering unfamiliar territory with an unpredictable IP during uncertain economic times. And you think it's odd they had problems with predictions?