Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
02-07-2010, 01:35 AM
As some of you know, they had the same problem in wow, starting bg's with 15-4 and it got a lot of negative forum threads.

Blizzards tryed to fix this and what happend was that the que system was destroyed, que times went from nearly instant matches to never coming up.

So be very carefull what you wish for, i rather have fast games then no games.

For us that don't like quests and pve, long que times will end the game for us, standing in a space station for 1 hour waiting time, no thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-07-2010, 04:56 AM
I hate the fact that when you enter a pvp match your not auto grouped with the people in it- so if its allready started and they flying aroudn the map- you ask to join the group nd sometimes they jsut dont respond.

Also tried quite a few ground based pvp games and every single one of them it was just 2-3 feds versus 5 klingons every time.
Got to a point where i was wondering if its worth it at all doing pvp as you will allways get a full team of klingons versus maybe 2-3 feds- who then jsut leave anyways so it ends up been a rickroll on the remaining feds

I love pvp but this is a complete joke as it is and will cause so many people to leave coem the end of the free month.
Devs dotn ignore these issues - its at your own peril if you do!
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-07-2010, 05:47 AM
Autogrouping when joining a pvp is a must.
10 klingons vs 1 fed isnt fun, autobalance needed, maybe 4 klingons to blue side to make it a even match?
Ground and space need to have there own tab selection, there all in one list and its anoying.
Alot of ground maps have glitches, black zones etc.
Some people get stuck in walls, needs fixing.
I heard there is a stealth exploit of 100% expose and one hit kill (havnt seen that happening "yet")

some misc things i would like to see are

Computer voice counting down the match, 5...4...3...2...1 kinda like selfdestruct countdown :p
A blue/Red team win sound would be nice.
More ground maps, especialy OPEN ones, in the open air, with palm trees etc.
Stun/hold diminishing returns.
Maybe some places to have turrets to man them.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-07-2010, 12:37 PM
I would like to see a hold on starting the match until there are at least 3 on 3 or more ... better than seeing 1 person facing 5 enemies.

The really big problem in my mind is the instances to begin with. We need to have a system where there is realm v realm fed v klingon combat, and this would be more consistent with the star trek world.. As far as r v r instead of instances it is a matter of personal choice. I prefer to have a more realistic setting with an open world type persistant gaming environment. This is not a game like guild wars, or Battlefield 1942.

Thank you
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-07-2010, 05:58 PM
I agree. 2v7 (for either side) is beyond ridiculous. This leads to griefing and people just dropping because once you get in to the higher tiers, YOU NEED THE FULL TEAM (even PUGS). Anything less, even a minute or two missed into the match and you might as well hide because the chance of coming back is nil. It is called defeat in detail. As suggested by Sling, a staging area where the max instance allowed is filled. Until BOTH sides are filled, no one leaves the staging area. As it stands, the matches are becoming a joke and a waste of time, unfortunately it is the prime method that Klinks have to progress.

Judging by the smack talk in zone though (both sides), having overwhelming numbers is well thought of as long as you are on the side with the numbers.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-09-2010, 07:08 AM
Was just in a area capture that was 10vs3 for about 4 minutes, 10vs5 for another 3 minutes, 10vs8 for 1 minute then the match ended. Not very fun...
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-09-2010, 11:53 AM
Bumping this.

Uneven number of players on both sides gets really bad in T4+ and/or off-peak hours.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-09-2010, 12:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingBlades
The system has 3 big flaws that stand out in my mind that lead to the 5vs1 for 5 minute crap that we run into now. I really don't enjoy hunting down 1 or 2 feds and try to kill them 40 times. It will either take forever or they'll just zone out. The 3 things that lead to this problem are.

#1 There is no convenient leave queue option
There is no convenient leave option for when a pvp queue pops up. This leads to people taking up a spot for the entire 60 seconds. This problem is compounded when 4-5+ people let the queue run the entire 60 seconds.

Fix: Replace the "Hide" button with a "Re-queue" option. Also add a "Leave" button so people can leave the queue. Make sure the buttons have prompts that double check if they want to use them. It would be infuriating to accidentally leave a queue when the rest of your team goes in.

#2 Staying queued while in a PvP instance
When you join a pvp instance you stay queued for other ones even though you can't join them if they pop up. If you get a queue pop while in PvP , you hold that spot for the full 60 seconds. Worst case, there aren't enough replacements queued up on their faction for that instance to fill the team so their team is outnumbered for 5-15 minutes while waiting for another to finish and for those people to requeue.

Fix: When someone joins a pvp instance make them leave all their queues.
#3. The match starts immediately after 1 person zones in
There is no staging area. In all MMO's with instanced pvp that i have played have an area where people zone into and wait 30-60 seconds for other people to zone in before the game starts. At least give the team a chance to have some more people enter the instance. Starting a pvp match as soon as one person zones in is a problem.

Fix: Make the match start 30-60 seconds after 1 player has zoned in
These 3 issues all compound on each other to produce the horribly flawed system that we have now. Bug Report #617, 174
You got my vote on these issues.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-09-2010, 12:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuncanIdahoTPF View Post
This makes oodles of sense... Bump.
which is why its going to take a very long time to implement, maybe after people get their tos skirts and preorder bonuses (which are higher priority because it effects more people.)
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-09-2010, 12:52 PM
Agreed on all points. Good post.