Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
I know I read somewhere that they were planning to have some new equipment and software running by this weekend to help support the number of players logging in and playing.... but if this is the only solution (Waiting in Line) then I think the whole ONE server to rule them all is a bust! I have seen this with other games where you have multiple servers to choose from, but to have a line for the one and only login server is sort of rediculous... please tell me this is just the step towards making it better... cuz this isn't a bandaid to the players... its more like a fractured femur!
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 02:28 PM
It's not a queue for the login server, it's a queue for the actual server. You aren't waiting for your turn to walk through the door, you are waiting for someone else to leave the room.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 02:30 PM
Unfortunately with the lack of communication we don't know if the servers have gone in, about to go in or whatever.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 02:31 PM
So when do those new servers promised last week for this weekend come online?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 02:32 PM
12€ im monat für ein spiel, welches mich in einer 4-stelligen warteschleife sitzen lässt? na da muss ich echt noch mal drüber grübeln...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2010, 02:32 PM
In other words... the bar is at maximum capacity and I have to wait till somebody leaves the bar so I can have a beer???

I pay a monthly subscription like all others to get access to that bar. Not to wait in line to get in. Oh wait... maybe that is what they sold me, I have no idea, they are not very clear about what they are actually doing. I was under the impression that they were adding to the server to accomodate more players.... but in essence it seems that they instead made the "bar" smaller and added a line to get in. This is what I am looking for... the answer to if this is the fix or just the steps towards fixxing their infrastructure.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojokujo
In other words... the bar is at maximum capacity and I have to wait till somebody leaves the bar so I can have a beer???

I pay a monthly subscription like all others to get access to that bar. Not to wait in line to get in. Oh wait... maybe that is what they sold me, I have no idea, they are not very clear about what they are actually doing. I was under the impression that they were adding to the server to accomodate more players.... but in essence it seems that they instead made the "bar" smaller and added a line to get in. This is what I am looking for... the answer to if this is the fix or just the steps towards fixxing their infrastructure.
Not sure how much experience you have with MMOs, but login queues are incredibly common - especially in the first two weeks. After that, they get more server capacity and/or people get bored and start to leave, and the queues gradually disappear.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2010, 02:37 PM
The reality is know one knows and until Cryptic says hey we added X servers and the result is Y this forum is filled with speculation.

Communication has been pretty terrible.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2010, 02:39 PM
Here's what they do: Crytpic hires a 'Preacher' to tell us all how wonderful the game is, how they are listening to our complaints and how they are working on ALL of the issues. Next, they purchase the minimum server capacity and bandwidth they need to run the game at its lowest levels. So, they save tons of money while we sit in queues to get into laggy servers, which drop us frequently during loading that have laughable content (lets run around planet X and hit the F key 5 times, YAY we win!).

Total crap.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2010, 02:42 PM
What I am -hoping- is happening, is that they are in the process of putting in the new servers right now - and as a step towards that, they have had to shut down some of the computers normally running STO, resulting in a reduced capacity.... until the new servers are ready.

That's what I'm hoping, and it kinda makes sense to me. But since there's no official word, there's no way of knowing.