Lt. Commander
# 1 Idea for transwarp!!!
02-06-2010, 02:27 PM
Hey all, just wanted to see what people thought of this idea....dev input would be great. i was thinking instead of binding at each star base why not let our "ship board computers" remeber the coordinates and give us an option to transwarp to bases we have been to before. This would cut down on the time needed to get k7 from alpha centauri for example. Just an idea i had. while flying that exact route.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 02:31 PM
i was kind of hoping it would work liek the heartstone in wow.... u can pick any location u want but only one location at a time. if u want to switch where it goes to u have to get there the long way first. u could just switch it on a whim .... u would have to swithc it to K7 (for example) only while aboard K7
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 02:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by THORN74 View Post
i was kind of hoping it would work liek the heartstone in wow.... u can pick any location u want but only one location at a time. if u want to switch where it goes to u have to get there the long way first. u could just switch it on a whim .... u would have to swithc it to K7 (for example) only while aboard K7
ehh i get what your saying but even then..though choosing owuld be nice....lets keep ideas coming..maybe cryptic might take the idea.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 02:41 PM
And this game needs a credit sink, to get rid of the enormous surplus of credits you amout after selling all your loot. So it could be you have to buy something to get access to transwarp to other places
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 02:42 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthang
And this game needs a credit sink, to get rid of the enormous surplus of credits you amout after selling all your loot. So it could be you have to buy something to get access to transwarp to other places
i like it
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2010, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kthang
There is, buying every starship out there
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2010, 02:49 PM
Ok, when you first start you're in your Miranda right. Lets say Transwarp capabiltiy is connected to warpcore capacity/strength. So the Miranda comes default with a the option to Transwarp to Sol system only.

As you progress you need/want to Transwarp to other places, and when you get your Cruiser it has the capability of one more Transwarp location. But you need to buy the upgrade for the Cruiser to get it. People who don't buy the upgrade still get to Transwarp to Sol system.

When you get to your Heavy Cruiser, or whatever in that ship class, its capable of three location and you have to buy two upgrades. And so on. This is just a idea in progress
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2010, 03:01 PM
It could be set up along the lines of the mission NPC's that we have right now. For the beginning levels, you have just the Sol spacedock transwarp. However, once you do the mission where you transport the diplomat from Starbase 114 to Sierra 39 (the next mission hub), you unlock S-39 as a transwarp location. Then, when you hit Transwarp, your bridge officer pops up and asks you which location you wish to go to.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2010, 04:24 PM
or they could have transwarp portals in the space around sol spacedock. each with it's own destination.

approaching one transwarps you to the starbase in another sector block.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2010, 04:28 PM
I thin a combination of the past two posts would be good after the mission it opens up the transwarp network with portals in strategic locations you don't get access until you finish the mission and you need to get the transwarp codes from admirals in each starbase maybe do a mission for them to get the codes.