Lt. Commander
# 21
02-08-2010, 08:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cito_Alcotar
Hey all, just wanted to see what people thought of this idea....dev input would be great. i was thinking instead of binding at each star base why not let our "ship board computers" remeber the coordinates and give us an option to transwarp to bases we have been to before. This would cut down on the time needed to get k7 from alpha centauri for example. Just an idea i had. while flying that exact route.
I like this idea.
I think it should be implemented to allow for easy travel to known destinations or sector blocks.
Heck just being able to transwarp to different sector blocks would be cool.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-08-2010, 09:28 AM
transwarp is STO's hearthstone its ment as a quick recall to a home base of sorts but wen sb1 stops being a mission hub (around lc7 i found) we should be able to change which starbase it leads to
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-08-2010, 10:52 AM
Personally, I think there should be some form of quick travel between space stations. I do agree that Transwarp should only be to The Sol system but you should be able to quick travel from there VIA worm hole generators to outlying space stations. Like a hearth stone or a map. There should be a slow flying option also, if you are on Sol and don't want to physically fly to DS9 or any other station, you should be able to pay credits to have a carrier ship. This would eliminate the enemy contacts when travelling when you are AFK.
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-08-2010, 01:19 PM
up again....devs what ya think
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-08-2010, 02:34 PM
It would be nice to at least know where your going. The first time I tried my transwarp system I ended up in the sol system when I was going to some other system in a different sector! I was really supprised. I almost fired my navagation officer.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-08-2010, 02:40 PM
Along the same lines but a little off topic. Some buddies of mine brought up an idea a while back.

You know how you might want to team up with your friends for some stuff. Well You are at DS9, one of your buddies is in the Sierra System, and the other one is at K7.

It would be neat if instead of waiting for everyone to get to where one person is, if we could buy a "subspace beacon" or some such, and then all your teammates could warp to it. Would be something to spend credits on AND speed up travel time for teams.
Lt. Commander
# 27
02-08-2010, 03:56 PM
The way they implemented transwarp sort of sets the way it has to work unless they retool the whole thing…

Instead of letting you transwarp from "anywhere" to a set location, they should have had transwarp conduits. In this way, you would have to travel to your local conduit entrance in order to enter transwarp. (Like the Borg transwarp network as seen at the end of Voyager.) There could be an entrance/exit at every starbase for example.

Instead, they implemented the transwarp on your ship. Meaning your ship has a transwarp drive installed. This being the case there would be no limit at all for what locations you could transwarp to. Therefore you should be able to transwarp anywhere you want and simply have a cooldown before you can transwarp again.

So I’d be please if Cyptic went either of these ways:
1. Let you transwarpfrom "anywhere" to any sector, but have a cooldown to limit uses
2. Stop transwarp from “anywhere” and instead use a conduit network "gate" type method.

Either way, they need to do something about the insane amount of time spent in sector space and the fact that Sol is not so useful in the later levels as a “base of operations”.
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-09-2010, 05:14 AM
/bump for dev attention
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-09-2010, 08:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelSizemore
The way they implemented transwarp sort of sets the way it has to work unless they retool the whole thing…

Instead of letting you transwarp from "anywhere" to a set location, they should have had transwarp conduits. In this way, you would have to travel to your local conduit entrance in order to enter transwarp. (Like the Borg transwarp network as seen at the end of Voyager.) There could be an entrance/exit at every starbase for example.

Instead, they implemented the transwarp on your ship. Meaning your ship has a transwarp drive installed. This being the case there would be no limit at all for what locations you could transwarp to. Therefore you should be able to transwarp anywhere you want and simply have a cooldown before you can transwarp again.

So I’d be please if Cyptic went either of these ways:
1. Let you transwarpfrom "anywhere" to any sector, but have a cooldown to limit uses
2. Stop transwarp from “anywhere” and instead use a conduit network "gate" type method.

Either way, they need to do something about the insane amount of time spent in sector space and the fact that Sol is not so useful in the later levels as a “base of operations”.

The arguments that have been made about the transwarp conduits (and now that I've done the appropriate missions I see what they're talking about) would indicate that it is a set grouping of systems that would be transwarp capable, with federation ships able to configure their drives to cut through the side of a conduit, entering it from anywhere, but having to exit it at a certain location.

With that information, what would be best, IMHO, would be something where you click the button on your HUD and it pops up a list of systems you can jump to. Maybe keep people from jumping to higher level systems by having them "not authorised" for transit to that area, the same way if a low level ship tries to fly to deep space you just get a message that you're not cleared to warp to deep space.
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-10-2010, 03:48 AM
/up again......