Lt. Commander
# 31
02-10-2010, 05:23 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sodorfo View Post
also like in the missions, these conduits could (in neutral zone etc) become contested areas and have to be protected from capture. in order to protect the areas connected via the conduits from unexpected invasion.
Yeah i realy realy like this idea! Klingons approaching Sol via the federational transwarp-net sounds impressive
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-10-2010, 01:21 PM
Analogy: flight points. There should probably be (for each faction) one per Applicable Sector Block. And I'd not be opposed to something that takes time as opposed to something instantaneous- when in a Transwarp Conduit, put us on something similar to the Sector Space map but on a Galaxy Scale. Add some nifty effects and a timer.

Even better, make us go to our bridge to put in the input coordinates! "Take us to K7, Lieutenant". Then you can walk around, read up on some information, chill out in your ready room, maybe in your observation lounge.

In fact, we should be able to do this for normal travel. From the bridge (or on the ship at least) we should be able to choose an available location, either a node in the transwarp network (and then a final location to take it to) or a system that's already been previously visited. Then we can sit in our fancy chair and wait. Or go into the observation lounge and look at all the ships/systems we're passing. And should we run into an enemy signal contact... "Captain, we've detected Klingon vessels in our vicinity, should we change course and engage?". Or when you're further out and running into one automatically lands you in an encounter, "Red alert, captain to the bridge!"

I realize that most of this is just flair in addition to functionality, but remember, Cryptic added bridges due to public outcry in the first place. I wonder if a petition should be started...
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-12-2010, 10:25 PM
Ensign, engage transporter to top of forums on my mark.....
Engage!!
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-12-2010, 10:26 PM
the universe is tiney as it is and you want to make it even smaller?
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-12-2010, 10:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KhansWrath
the universe is tiney as it is and you want to make it even smaller?
no just make transport quicker....most game have something like it. SWH has instant travel vehicle and shuttle ports, Ultima Online has Runes, runebooks and recall, WoW has hearth stone.....should i continue?
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-12-2010, 10:37 PM
I'd be happy if they'd just let us pick a destination in any sector block and have our ship set a course and travel there, automatically warping between sectors, instead of having to set course for a border, warp, set a new course, warp, etc...

I don't mind a little travel time to take a bio break, but that our navigator is incapable of setting course to a system in a different sector is just goofy...

Being able to change transwarp to the hub that is most useful to us would be even better, but right now the universe just isn't so big that I think it's as important as getting rid of the annoying aspect of travel...
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-14-2010, 12:03 PM
Transwarps to

Memory Alpha
All major starbases.
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-14-2010, 12:07 PM
I can see Transwarp to different locations being released as something similar to the CoH Veteran Rewards. Been playing for 3 months? You can Transwarp to location X! 6 months? Location Y, etc, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-14-2010, 12:36 PM
I think Transwarp should be linked to the bases of operation as you progress. And I like the idea of setting course from the galaxy map or some such other than simply sector to sector. We should be able to search for any system and automatically set course and have time to review the missions in the ready room, engineering etc. Besides, why can't some contacts be simply boarded by pirates as you explore some system and are dragged into an ship battle to regain parts of your ship.... Romulans Klingons, etc Borg of course
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-15-2010, 07:35 AM
I think you should be able to transwarp maybe have it tied in to your rank when you rank up a new sector block is added or station.

I don't see why it would be limited to your ship power as borg use it to go everywhere.

Anyway thumbs up to the idea.