Lt. Commander
A 8-13 second hold in space that doesn't break on damage, completely cripples you, cannot move, cannot use abilities, cannot adjust shields? What was cryptic thinking, this is so OP it's just stupid.

This needs to be addressed ASAP. This ability completely ruins tier 3.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 03:23 PM
You could use science team to counter it, couldn't you?
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphaMHC
You could use science team to counter it, couldn't you?
Yes, that should work. However, I would have to say, any one skill that becomes a "must have" for everyone (viral matrix) that has to be countered by the use of another skill, which itself becomes another must have (science team) is the very definition of broken.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 03:31 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tain View Post
Yes, that should work. However, I would have to say, any one skill that becomes a "must have" for everyone (viral matrix) that has to be countered by the use of another skill, which itself becomes another must have (science team) is the very definition of broken.
I don't think that's the definition of broken.

1. Science team can be applied to friendly ships, thus in a group, only one member would need to have it (CD concerns ignored).

2. So long as something has a counter, it becomes less of a 'must have' skill.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't viral matrix a skill that can only be used by science ships anyway? So as far as being a 'must have', it is also a 'can't have' for a lot of people as is....
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 04:41 PM
Quote:
View Post
Well, Science team is one of the best skills available at this tier, it would be unwise not to take it. Even at the moment it is sometimes difficult to use VM in PvP, as everyone around has Boff's with SciTeam.

If the devs make Science Team available while Vm'ed (as they announced) Viral Matrix will become obsolete if no further changes are made. You may ask: Why? Simply because SciTeam makes you immune to VM (and Jam Sensors) for 30 seconds with a 45 seconds cooldown. This means there is a 15 seconds window for you to be vm'ed in which Teammates could also apply SciTeam on you. Even worse: If you take 2 SciTeams with you (as i currently do, as they provide really good bonuses, such as shieldboost and resist), you can have the immunity up all the time.

I would personally prefer to cut the vm duration to about 40-50% of its actual state and reduce the Bufftimer from Sciteam to around 15 seconds if they make Science Team available while Vm'ed.

(English isnt my native language, so please don't flame for grammar, tried my best)