Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Fleet System and Holdings
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6
I understand that certain aspects of MMOs are repetitive. In my opinion, some of the fleet requirements are downright silly. For example, the fleet bartender project says you can use any 1000 drink / food items as inputs to meet this requirement. As far as I can tell, none of the food items can be purchased in any bulk. So you need to click 1000 times and then select are you sure you want to buy this, really 2000 clicks. I know I can use an 3rd party macro application to click for me but I really donít want to install any unnecessary applications. As a side note, I also noticed the fleet bartender project does not recognize a large selection of drinks, for example Aldebaran Whiskey and Romulan Ale. Yes, I did open a bug report.

Marketing, please review some of the games silly repetitive requirements and consider some other alternative.

Thank you!
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,631
# 2
03-31-2014, 09:53 PM
At least it is not the old requirements of 250 Romulan Ale and 250 Dosi Rotgut for the Bartender project and 1000 Taspar Eggs and 1000 Klingon Hearts of Targ. 1000 Food/Drink compared to those requirements makes most of us not care about how many clicks we have to do. Besides, it is a fleet project so if you think 2000 clicks is too much, then have your other fleet members to help. It only costs 20 EC per food item so it is not going to harm anyone's wealth.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 2,903
# 3
03-31-2014, 10:12 PM
You're not supposed to be buying 1000 of something to fill a project by yourself. You're supposed to be, you know, in a fleet, a group of people.

All of the fleet projects are scaled for something like 50 active contributors, at least.
Ensign
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 6
# 4
03-31-2014, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
You're not supposed to be buying 1000 of something to fill a project by yourself. You're supposed to be, you know, in a fleet, a group of people.

All of the fleet projects are scaled for something like 50 active contributors, at least.
Letís say you are going to take on 10 percent of this project,you get enjoyment out of clicking the mouse 200 times?
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 5,631
# 5
03-31-2014, 11:44 PM
Actually, the Bartender and Chef projects are completely worthless since it is the same as your starship's bartender and chef.
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,142
# 6
04-01-2014, 03:54 AM
Nah, that was true back in S6, but at some point the bartender was fixed to function like the SFA bartender, and now performs the important task of buying your vendortrash.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 185
# 7
04-01-2014, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
You're not supposed to be buying 1000 of something to fill a project by yourself. You're supposed to be, you know, in a fleet, a group of people.
Why is wasting 1 hour of 100 peoples time considered better than wasting 10 hours of 10 peoples time or 100 hours of 1 persons time?

It is all pointless grinding that puts people off playing the game.

Cryptic seem to think that the more hours you spend playing, the more you are likely to buy something - This is fundamentally wrong!

1 hour of play enjoying yourself make you want to play again. 2 hours of play, 1 enjoying yourself and 1 grinding, makes you think twice about logging on again. And 2 hours of grind, explains why so may fleets are failing and the game looses so many players shortly after each season start.

It's simple, reduce the grind and it will be more fun, more fun = more players = more profit! (people may play less hours, but will be back again and again).

Quote:
Originally Posted by futurepastnow View Post
All of the fleet projects are scaled for something like 50 active contributors, at least.
We are doing just fine with 3, thank you.

And if fleets are supposed to have 50 members minimum, they shouldn't start with 5. Fleets should be for your friend (new and old), not just random strangers filling up slots for mutual profit.
"He tasks me. He tasks me, and I shall have him. For every doff box bought, I'll chase him round the Moons of Nibia and round the Antares Maelstrom and round Perdition's flames. For every single doff box opened, I stab at thee from hell's heart. For every single doff contributed, I spit my last breath at thee..." Khan Playing STO
Captain
Join Date: Jan 2013
Posts: 3,142
# 8
04-01-2014, 05:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by starkaos View Post
At least it is not the old requirements of 250 Romulan Ale and 250 Dosi Rotgut for the Bartender project and 1000 Taspar Eggs and 1000 Klingon Hearts of Targ. 1000 Food/Drink compared to those requirements makes most of us not care about how many clicks we have to do. Besides, it is a fleet project so if you think 2000 clicks is too much, then have your other fleet members to help. It only costs 20 EC per food item so it is not going to harm anyone's wealth.
I am not really sure why they felt the need to make it 2000 things you can produce immediately from your replicator for a sum total of 20K, except that you have to click 2000 times for it. Why not just put a 20K EC input? It's not like you can get these things in useful quantities anywhere else. Frankly, the Ale and Rotgut thing was FINE, it gave a reason for those items to even exist, as they could be readily acquired in-game. Now they're just worthless vendortrash. The Eggs and Hearts thing was a little bit crazy, but eh, those projects were supposed to be silly.
Career Officer
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 322
# 9
04-01-2014, 06:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by doffingcomrade View Post
I am not really sure why they felt the need to make it 2000 things you can produce immediately from your replicator for a sum total of 20K, except that you have to click 2000 times for it. Why not just put a 20K EC input? It's not like you can get these things in useful quantities anywhere else. Frankly, the Ale and Rotgut thing was FINE, it gave a reason for those items to even exist, as they could be readily acquired in-game. Now they're just worthless vendortrash. The Eggs and Hearts thing was a little bit crazy, but eh, those projects were supposed to be silly.


When I ask the same questions to myself, im torn between "is it really just a laziness and stupidity combo" and "there's really evil purpose to it" kinda answers. And I still got no idea. One thing we can be sure of, thou, last season codez are never touched. PERIOD.

But hey, I work in software consulting for the last 20 years, and I've seen things that made even less sense.
STF Elite Advanced Tactics
Career Officer
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 1,152
# 10
04-01-2014, 10:47 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by zeddicuszedd View Post
I understand that certain aspects of MMOs are repetitive. In my opinion, some of the fleet requirements are downright silly. For example, the fleet bartender project says you can use any 1000 drink / food items as inputs to meet this requirement. As far as I can tell, none of the food items can be purchased in any bulk. So you need to click 1000 times and then select are you sure you want to buy this, really 2000 clicks. I know I can use an 3rd party macro application to click for me but I really donít want to install any unnecessary applications. As a side note, I also noticed the fleet bartender project does not recognize a large selection of drinks, for example Aldebaran Whiskey and Romulan Ale. Yes, I did open a bug report.

Marketing, please review some of the games silly repetitive requirements and consider some other alternative.

Thank you!
I did this project and noted it said 1000 drinks. What it really means is 1000 white quality drinks. So copy alot of hot chocolate.

And not worthless. It also gave 1000 engineering XP to the station.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:20 PM.