Lt. Commander
# 141
02-07-2010, 10:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Marauder
Hi!

We have gone ahead and extended the grace period of Star Trek Online until 11:59 PM Pacific Monday February 8, 2010. If you have your retail key please activate your key so that you can continue to play Star Trek Online.

By extending the grace period this should allow more time for the retailers to provide you all with a retail code to activate.

This grace period also includes all EU retailers that are scheduled to end at February 8, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific.

Cheers,

Phil
SO, one day to call retailers and beg them to call the postal/delivery services to ship our products faster for something THAT your team has screwed up on? How is that fair? Add to that, your inept ability to post this days in advance (or answer the many threads where we asked for this information) so we could have enough time to contact those shipping our products!

Why is it so incredibly difficult for you and your team to post what is going on with more advance warning?

If people were smart they would see what you are doing. You are simply trying to push up the sales of your boxes in stores to bolster your marketing shares from whom ever is really pulling the strings. You want everyone to go out and buy a 2nd, third or fourth copy so that it looks like STO has hit some record. If people where smart, they'd stop and realize this little fact and start to think twice about ever buying again from Cryptic or Atari (oh wait, they already are do and it seems the Champion Online members warned us).
Lt. Commander
# 142
02-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Destra
This is an FYI that the grace period is ending soon.
Cryptic, same goes for you. Understanding & patience with your ongoing server problems is wearing really thin. There's a certain amount of time after launch where you get a grace period for making adjustments, but it's ending soon.
Lt. Commander
# 143
02-07-2010, 10:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by muppetland
I am in the EU and you removed the grace period already, so have you extended it to everyone now until the 8th? are the previous timescales given for amazon and australia still the same?
The grace period has not changed for Amazon and Australia. Just for the grace periods that ended yesterday and due to end tomorrow at 10:00 AM Pacific.

Also as a side note:

If you have already activated your retail key and are still experiencing problems logging in we are aware of this issue and are working diligently to solve this. This is one reason why we have extending the grace period so you can access Star Trek Online whilst we investigate this with our payment provider.

Cheers,

Phil
Lt. Commander
# 144
02-07-2010, 10:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darksith
The 30 Days free is not an entitlement. It is a bonus to people that pay for a new recurring subscription to a game. This is pretty standard with MMOs. There is nothing that says that you cannot cancel your subscription, but the 30 Days requires you to purchase that subscription. They will likely offer 10-15 day trial after a bit, for people that just want to try the game out, but this is a bonus, for starting a new subscription. In general, if you purchased multiple copies of the game, and registered all keys on the same account, you would only get 30-days, not 30 days for each copy. If you registered each key as a separate account, you would get the 30 days for each one (that was new). Right now all STO accounts are new, so they all get that bonus with the subscription. I hope this helps.
Iam sorry to disappoint you but with 8 years of mmo experience and 10+ gmaes on the list i think i aquired some knowledge myself and i can guarantee you this is not at all standart.
The usual is: you enter your key and get your account activated for 30 days (you also get a message which asks you to enter your billing details but have the option of simply skipping this). This has been the same so far for every game that i know of, from dark age of camelot to eve online.
Also i'd like to add that the game box says that the purchased game comes with 30 days of game time, which is not at all just a bonus for buying your first subscription.
(Oh and you do get multiple 30 days for multiple keys)

Also before assuming me to be inexperienced in mmos just because of the missing credit card, you should think of the possibility that in different countrys different billing types predominate. For the european market most mmos offer billing possibilities like direct withdrawal which may not be popular in the US but certainly is arround here.
Lt. Commander
# 145
02-07-2010, 10:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Marauder
The grace period has not changed for Amazon and Australia. Just for the grace periods that ended yesterday and due to end tomorrow at 10:00 AM Pacific.

Also as a side note:

If you have already activated your retail key and are still experiencing problems logging in we are aware of this issue and are working diligently to solve this. This is one reason why we have extending the grace period so you can access Star Trek Online whilst we investigate this with our payment provider.

Cheers,

Phil
Phil - if we've already activated our key but the game servers crash every day.. can we put this 30 day paid subscription on hold and come back when/if the game starts working?
Lt. Commander
# 146
02-07-2010, 10:49 AM
What about the supply problems?

The release date of the 5th for the UK was only for the Gold edition which is is limited supply with the Standard edition not out until 12/02/10. HMV, Game, Amazon etc don't have the game to buy until then.With only preorders taken now. Not that it's a surprise that the UK gets shafted. We didn't get access to the Collectors edition after all.
Lt. Commander
# 147
02-07-2010, 10:49 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Necrotrek View Post
Thats lame, amazon cant get my box here till monday the 8th no matter what shipping upgrades I tried.

wtg cryptic, isnt there enough hatred directed at you already?

I'm not sure how this is Cryptiq's fault. You purchased from Amazon. Amazon fills the order and does the shipping. I ordered mine a from Amazon a few weeks in advance, asked for next day shipping, got it on the 2nd. No Problem. It's Cryptiq's fault you waited so long to order?
Lt. Commander
# 148
02-07-2010, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anev
SO, one day to call retailers and beg them to call the postal/delivery services to ship our products faster for something THAT your team has screwed up on? How is that fair? Add to that, your inept ability to post this days in advance (or answer the many threads where we asked for this information) so we could have enough time to contact those shipping our products!

Why is it so incredibly difficult for you and your team to post what is going on with more advance warning?

If people were smart they would see what you are doing. You are simply trying to push up the sales of your boxes in stores to bolster your marketing shares from whom ever is really pulling the strings. You want everyone to go out and buy a 2nd, third or fourth copy so that it looks like STO has hit some record. If people where smart, they'd stop and realize this little fact and start to think twice about ever buying again from Cryptic or Atari (oh wait, they already are do and it seems the Champion Online members warned us).
Well, for one thing, Cryptic has very little to do with distribution: that's all on whoever you bought the game from (Amazon, GameStop, Best Buy, etc), Cryptic's part in that ended the moment the distributors received the product so you can't really blame Cryptic for the distributor being slow.

For another thing a grace period of any kind is a courtesy not an obligation and that Cryptic has opted to extend it at all is a kindness not an insult.

And finally I, for one, am incredibly fed up with you whining entitlement wienies who scream like scorched chimpanzees at the first sign of trouble with your ill conceived accusations, conspiracy theories and predictions of DOOM. If you put as much energy into rational thought as you put into your screaming monkey impressions we'd be half way to warp drive by now!
Lt. Commander
# 149
02-07-2010, 11:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerathon
You know i would love to enter my retail key ... really and if its only to claim my joined trill.
But unfortunately this awful billing system still hasnt been fixed and iam still required to enter the information on a credit card that i dont have when all i want to do is activate my game and use my free month.

I wonder if -with this reason given- i could successfully request my money back ...
OMG Have you not ever played a pay to play MMO before? They all work pretty much exactly the same. Just borrow someones credit card ...activate your account for 1 month recurrent billing and immediately Cancel subscription...you will get to play your free month and will not be billed after unless you re-sub. Simple.
Lt. Commander
# 150
02-07-2010, 11:03 AM
Looks like i'm gonna be sat unable to play for a few days, amazon havnt even posted mine out yet (UK).