Lt. Commander
I bought the game trhough steam and activated the key last week, put in my CC info and every thing for the subcription but now at the end of the grace period I can't log in. My account shows no products activaged and the key Steam gave me and worked last week is now being denied. IE I paid for the game but they won't let me play....
Lt. Commander
# 212
02-09-2010, 12:50 AM
Oh Joy - I also cant login and show no products under my account. Worse still, when I try and enter my product code, it tells me it isnt valid

Nice going guys....
Lt. Commander
# 213
02-09-2010, 12:55 AM
I have tried to enter my key about 10 times, waiting a few minutes between each attempt. It still will not recognize my key. I have checked several times to make sure it was copied correctly. It says " We are currently experiencing problems with our billing provider. We are sorry for the inconvenience. If you experience problems please allow 5 to 10 minutes and try again." It must be worse than they thought since waiting has no effect as it never works. How can I play when the grace period is over and my key from Impulse doesn't work?

Never mind as it finally worked. I tried again after the download from Impulse finished and it worked. Mabey it doesn't update until you finish downloading. If that is the case then Cryptic should tell us that.
Lt. Commander
# 214
02-09-2010, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sykian
wel.. still not accepting my valid credit card
now 5 days hence and finally paypal working, but...
no cash on it yet, which can take another 5 days, and then...
cross my fingers and hope that paypal will get my key 'registered'...

in the meantime I'm sitting on my preordered digital collectors download and subscription key...
reading these star logs of all ppl on a deep space shuttle to starbase oblivion..
then I almost wish this game asimilated us like the borg
most funny one I came across was one mentioning the absense of human beings at support (so what are they?)
Well im having the same problem.

Its not accepting my obviously valid credit card. It worked on all the online games i tried so far as well as WoW. So it is valid 99%.

I didnt try to log yet but i think grace period is over and i cant play because the billing **** is screwed up >.>

And oh yeah ... I HATE THE F..KING SPAM IN MY INBOX. I DONT WANT ANY STO GOLD ENERGY ETC >.>
Lt. Commander
# 215
02-09-2010, 04:22 AM
Same problems again. Thanks for the 1 day grace period, but, really? Fix the server side billing problems before you end your so called grace period. What it actually is, is a grace period for you in order to fix your billing problems. I paid my bill just fine. There is no reason I should suffer because of Cryptics billing problems. Sheess...you want me to just take the day off and deliver some cash? Will you take Western Union? How about some beaver pelts or some pretty beads? I hate paying for service and then have it not happen and then being told thaat you will do me a favor and give me a grace period.
Lt. Commander
# 216
02-09-2010, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anev
Total crap!

Best Buy, whom I called first thing in the morning, said that we should have ours today. Guess what, nothing! Mail delays are mail delays. The game was released on the 2nd, that's only four days to ship something (Sunday's a holiday) and unless your made of money, shipping overnight is usually not an option (buying six games for friends in total) .... because .... I assumed we would not get jacked by such a company as Cryptic. They will give us plenty of time to get your retail boxes.

It's simply sicking to have to deal with this over something you could very simply fix. Cryptic, we took are gaming lessons from SOE and want to ruin Star Trek.

P.S. It's not Best Buy's fault it is yours. Correct it only by listening to your players and deciding that perhaps another week is not out of the question - to afraid?
How do you figure that it is Cryptics fault? Most games don't even give you a grace period so the fact that we got one and got it extended was cool of them.
It is Best Buy's fault. They are the ones that are using some middle man for dropping stuff off at the post office and that middle man is sitting on the packages, not Cryptic. This is no mail delay. A mail delay is that the plane with the shippment got snowed in. This is a leaving the package on the desk and I will mail it off when I get around to it.....sometime next month.
So please tell me how this is Cryptic's fault
Lt. Commander
# 217
02-09-2010, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vorprail
So please tell me how this is Cryptic's fault
I would say it was Cryptic's fault that they gave the guys in the State's a week to enter there code but gave the guys in the EU a weekend to enter there code,it does seem a bit unfair and can not really blame anyone other than Cryptic for that...well that and I myself for actually not living in the States I guess
Lt. Commander
# 218
02-09-2010, 07:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinhealer
I would say it was Cryptic's fault that they gave the guys in the State's a week to enter there code but gave the guys in the EU a weekend to enter there code,it does seem a bit unfair and can not really blame anyone other than Cryptic for that...well that and I myself for actually not living in the States I guess
I agree that it is unfair, they should have extended both sides for the same amount of time but that is different then blaming them for Best Buy's crappy shipping system. And it also sucks being a lifetime subscriber and not being able to play thanks to BB.
Lt. Commander
# 219
02-09-2010, 09:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by GM_Destra
Hey Everyone,

This is an FYI that the grace period is ending soon. If you pre-ordered the game, but have not yet entered your Retail key, you can continue to log in and play until the following dates. After your grace period ends, you will need to enter your retail key to play.

-----
US Retailers
-----
*The grace period ends: February 8, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific.

-----
All Australian Retailers, or Amazon(DE)
-----
*The grace period ends: February 21, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific.

-----
FNac(FR), Amazon(FR), and Game(FR)
-----
*The grace period ends: February 10, 2010 at 10:00 a.m. Pacific

-----
All other customers
-----
*The grace period ends: February 8, 2010 at 11:59 p.m. Pacific.

If you are in the situation where you purchased the retail version of the game, but did not receive your key from your retailer, please contact your retailer. If your retailer is unable to provide you your retail key, please feel free to contact Cryptic Billing Support.

-GM Destra
I have entered my key i got with the game, but nothing happens, im not allowed anymore to play at this time it says. I have 30 days free.
Lt. Commander
# 220
02-09-2010, 10:21 AM
Still no box from Amazon, they estimated 9-15 Feb, so not a surprise it's not here.

1yr subscription paid for and in place....

GMs say feel free to contact billing support giving you the illusion they'll do something before the grace period is over....

Depite that the ticket has not even been read and is still classed as new......#631912

and now I'm not allowed to login....

Not a great start..