Lt. Commander
# 1 People dont want to read?
02-06-2010, 04:01 PM
Why do so many people ask questions such as "where is Sulu?" "where is the admiral" etc when it is clearly mentioned either via mission logs or huge glowing signs directly infront of them. Also whats up with people not able to use a map?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Because people are, in general, utter and complete morons.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjn
Why do so many people ask questions such as "where is Sulu?" "where is the admiral" etc when it is clearly mentioned either via mission logs or huge glowing signs directly infront of them. Also whats up with people not able to use a map?
Or they say missions lack depth or the game lacks story. I feel ya man...People do not read any more.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 04:03 PM
I'm thinking of making a "Where's Sulu" tshirt at cafe press. Just for my own amusement.
Lt. Commander
# 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by sjn
That would be to easy...
Lt. Commander
# 6
This is why I only answer in-game questions with "read your map", or "read your mission" these days. I feel that if I answer utterly stupid questions like "Where's Sulu?" or "Where's Memory Alpha?" I am just going to be feeding their lazy habit.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2010, 04:04 PM
It is probally because of this trend that missions / quests lack depth these days as anything more than a few words seems to get lost...
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2010, 04:09 PM
I didn't go straight to Sulu, I did whatever the other quest was. When I wanted to go back, I used the Map. However, the location of Sulu on the map was on the southeatern side of the map, even though the Admiral's Office was on the southwest side. That confused me but at least I still remembered where the office actually was.

"Sulu is to my left."

Uh....left? There's no one to your left, and to my left is a random NPC for visual affects. Left...left...left....oh! You mean across the room. Silly me.

But yeah, it should be changed from "Sulu is to my left" to "Sulu is across the room." Its pretty much a circular room for the most part. Saying "Sulu is to my right" would be just as effectively, because eventually as you pan the camera you'll get there.

Part stupid people, part lazy dev's.
Lt. Commander
# 9 i see dumb people
02-06-2010, 04:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DigiMatt View Post
I didn't go straight to Sulu, I did whatever the other quest was. When I wanted to go back, I used the Map. However, the location of Sulu on the map was on the southeatern side of the map, even though the Admiral's Office was on the southwest side. That confused me but at least I still remembered where the office actually was.

"Sulu is to my left."

Uh....left? There's no one to your left, and to my left is a random NPC for visual affects. Left...left...left....oh! You mean across the room. Silly me.

But yeah, it should be changed from "Sulu is to my left" to "Sulu is across the room." Its pretty much a circular room for the most part. Saying "Sulu is to my right" would be just as effectively, because eventually as you pan the camera you'll get there.

Part stupid people, part lazy dev's.
U R MORON

mo·ron (môrn, mr-)
n.
1. A stupid person; a dolt.