Lt. Commander
# 11
02-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZincThallinide View Post
Is Cryptic going to give us all an extra free month for dealing with the endless crashing and now half-hour queues? I would sure hope so, since right now Cryptic is clearly not providing the service they promised when I gave them my money.
Please link to the "promise" they made when you bought the game. I for sure never read anywhere "This product 100% bug free, 99.9% Server uptime guaranteed"
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-06-2010, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Is Cryptic going to give us all an extra free month for dealing with the endless crashing and now half-hour queues? I would sure hope so, since right now Cryptic is clearly not providing the service they promised when I gave them my money.
Reminds me of an old saying:

You can wish in one hand, and you know what in the other....
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-06-2010, 06:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by hellcane View Post
Sigh, if you think this is bad, wait for the average MMO launch.
I've played the launch of every major MMO since Ultima Online.

This one has been the second worse of them all. Age of Conan is still the champ, but this is a very very close second.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-06-2010, 06:36 PM
When you get this level of polish: http://imgur.com/jTFF3.jpg
I'm not sure what you are expecting from these guys. $15/month to play queue trek online. Awesome job.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-06-2010, 06:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xedor View Post
I've played the launch of every major MMO since Ultima Online.

This one has been the second worse of them all. Age of Conan is still the champ, but this is a very very close second.
Then you certainly didn't play WoW at launch. .
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-06-2010, 06:41 PM
I will agree that the amount of time down is terrible, but don't we all get a free month once we buy the game anyway?
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-06-2010, 06:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa Holly
I will agree that the amount of time down is terrible, but don't we all get a free month once we buy the game anyway?
Actually, no. The game box says "30 days game time included with purchase." Doesn't say it is "free," therefore, it is part of the original purchase price. I think giving folks an extra month without additional charge is definately a good idea.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-06-2010, 06:56 PM
Or how about an extra 4 days, since that's all it's really been.
Lt. Commander
# 19 hour later
02-06-2010, 07:01 PM
Been here an hour started as 1004 in queue now I'm at 194
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-06-2010, 07:12 PM
Quote:
This will never happen due to the fact that they have no intention of adding new servers. I am sure they are counting on many of the initial sales to leave after the first 30 days.

It is becoming quite clear their intention was to make a decent profit off of initial sales and move on. I would be willing to bet much of the original content was withheld purposely to add to the C store in the next few months just to nickle and dime what they can off the "Star Trek" name and make it appear as though they are still working on it, when in fact they are not.