Career Officer
# 1 playing sto is hard
04-02-2014, 06:40 AM
with all the builds for ships, characters, bridge officiers, duty officiers, and now kits. the game is hard to play esp if you want one of the best ships eqipped in game. there too much to learn for no real reward. pvp is horrible. with making the game where you have to think so much in order not to even accomplish something, why bother playing sto? most games you dont have to think half as much in order to get character situated for playing. even the concept of change is great, its alot of work and reading. im starting to think its not worth the effort.
Career Officer
# 2
04-02-2014, 06:45 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by origcaptainquack View Post
with all the builds for ships, characters, bridge officiers, duty officiers, and now kits. the game is hard to play esp if you want one of the best ships eqipped in game. there too much to learn for no real reward. pvp is horrible. with making the game where you have to think so much in order not to even accomplish something, why bother playing sto? most games you dont have to think half as much in order to get character situated for playing. even the concept of change is great, its alot of work and reading. im starting to think its not worth the effort.
So...let me see...you are wanting cookie cutter builds, with minimal effort, for great reward...yeaaaah that aint gonna happen. As for it being too hard...I am not sure what game you are playing, but its definitely not STO.
=/\= "I don't know what I'm supposed to do, I only know what I can do." ~ James T. Kirk =/\=
Career Officer
# 3
04-02-2014, 06:46 AM
Pong is available for download.
Captain
# 4
04-02-2014, 06:47 AM
Practice key is young padawan.
Lt. Commander
# 5
04-02-2014, 06:48 AM
OP are you serious or just trolling? I'd wager a guess and go for option B...
Career Officer
# 6
04-02-2014, 06:49 AM
You want less customization and choice because you think it's too hard? Is this a real thread?

-Lantesh
Since Feb. 2009
Career Officer
# 7
04-02-2014, 06:50 AM
Being the "best" at anything is never easy.

That applies to WoW, Age of Conan, Vindictus, Neverwinter, Guild Wars 2, Star Trek Online, and life in general.

"Don't let them promote you. Don't let them transfer you. Don't let them do anything that takes you off the bridge of that ship, because while you're there... you can make a difference." - James T. Kirk
Captain
# 8
04-02-2014, 06:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by origcaptainquack View Post
Dude... what do yo need to think?? how to kill your enemies??

Do you realize that this is an MMORPG right?? not the arkanoid??

ANY mmorpg has its own difficulty and a lot of things to care of, STO is not special. If you cant handle STO for being too "complicated" dont try any other mmorpg... this is a STAR TREK game and the star trek universe is vast and complicated, if you are not a person who likes STAR TREK, i understand it can be confusing.. and complicated. But that will be the first month, after that, things get easier.
Lt. Commander
# 9
04-02-2014, 06:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
Being the "best" at anything is never easy.

That applies to WoW, Age of Conan, Vindictus, Neverwinter, Guild Wars 2, Star Trek Online, and life in general.

I've always felt that there should be a random variable that changes daily, hourly or weekly that tweaks which build is "OP." They do this now, sort of, every few months with tweaks to various powers and "balance issues" but if it changed all the time at random, it would certainly make seeking out 14 different builds a futile gesture (or a killer collection activity) and just make folks play with what they have.
Career Officer
# 10
04-02-2014, 06:59 AM
http://www.freeinvaders.org/welcome.php

There you go, problem solved for you
Admiral Rednall
* Server Hamster - This time it's personal *