Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 447
# 11
04-02-2014, 08:01 AM
i think the old LTP accronym is good for this one, The game is as easy or as hard as youy make it, and tbh it sounds like you want everything for nothing, like in any game, be prepared to work for your rewards, you will find the end result most pleasing, or if your like me and just do stuff as u like it, make multiple toons and experiment, the game is for fun its not real nor is it to be taken too seriously.
Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
I.R.W. Valdore gives 0 (132283) Radiation Damage to Tal'is with Thalaron Pulse. ==> Tal'is deals 132283 Special Damage to Tal'is with Immunity Matrix

Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Aug 2012
Posts: 2,454
# 12
04-02-2014, 08:05 AM
Not hard in any stretch of the imagination, but expensive and sometimes complicated, yes.

Fed: Eng Lib Borg (Five) - I only play one char now, such is the state of the game..
Quote:
Originally Posted by kitsune424 View Post
Here is your ticket to the USS Stupidity, Third class, four tacks on the chair, rules state you MUST sit on the chair, no standing, or hovering above the tacks, thank you have a nice day
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 447
# 13
04-02-2014, 08:07 AM
yes but if it wasnt would we still play, I for one like some of the complexities of it because when your fed up of them you can always go bash a few drones together and make a fire.
Jorhana Kreig: KDF, Tal'is: Romulan Fed, Shona'a: Romulan KDF, Johan Paul Kreig: Fed
I.R.W. Valdore gives 0 (132283) Radiation Damage to Tal'is with Thalaron Pulse. ==> Tal'is deals 132283 Special Damage to Tal'is with Immunity Matrix

Captain
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,740
# 14
04-02-2014, 08:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by darkjeff View Post
Being the "best" at anything is never easy.

.
This is a joke, right?? (i seriously hope you dont consider STO as the "best".. lol, its the opposite in my opinion).
Captain
Join Date: Aug 2013
Posts: 1,032
# 15
04-02-2014, 08:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by origcaptainquack View Post
with all the builds for ships, characters, bridge officiers, duty officiers, and now kits. the game is hard to play esp if you want one of the best ships eqipped in game
Building a ship that works with so many variables to take care of is lot of fun and very rewarding for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by origcaptainquack View Post
there too much to learn for no real reward.worth the effort.
I suggest you go watching disney channel if you don't want to learn.

Quote:
Originally Posted by origcaptainquack View Post
pvp is horrible.
PvP is fine, and community is epic.

Quote:
Originally Posted by origcaptainquack View Post
with making the game where you have to think so much in order not to even accomplish something, why bother playing sto? most games you dont have to think half as much in order to get character situated for playing.
STO is hard to play, in PvP only skilled players will get to the end of the match and have fun. If this doesn't suit you for the mentioned reasons, Control Panel -> Uninstall a program. Rest is up to you. For sure we don't need more QQers in here.
Captain
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 8,125
# 16
04-02-2014, 08:16 AM
To some extent I have to agree with the OP - and I have said similar things in the past. Very little of the game is actually explained to you.

You start in your T1 ships and everything is fine, because everyone is using the same basic T1 ship. Then you get promoted into T2 and all of a sudden you are supposed to understand the differences between Cruiser, Science, and Escort - as well as how your chosen Class functions in each of them. There is nothing in game that explains to new players why they might decide to choose a Cruiser over an Science Vessel. And on top of all that you have now had Dilithium and Doffing dumped on you without any real understanding of the importance of Dilithium or exactly how Doffing is supposed to benefit you over time. And all of this happens very quickly because leveling is at Light-speed in the game with you going into a T3 vessel in around 10 /played hours and being at end-game around 25.

I have been here since before the Trek license was even announced as purchased by Cryptic and there are still things in this game I do not fully understand - such as where to hunt-down all the Doff chains or exactly how some of the various Equipable items are calculated into your stats when you slot them or choose a Skill - or why you should choose Engine type A over B, or Shield type D over E, etc. Very little of this game is actually explained while you play - which is why there are always so many repeat questions on the forum constantly.

And yes, all established games have a learning curve that you either deal with or you do not play, but in many instances it seems like STO goes out of its way to not make things intuitive or even marginally understandable.
STO is about my Liberated Borg Federation Captain with his Breen 1st Officer, Jem'Hadar Tactical Officer, Liberated Borg Engineering Officer, Android Ops Officer, Photonic Science Officer, Gorn Science Officer, and Reman Medical Officer jumping into their Jem'Hadar Carrier and flying off to do missions for the new Romulan Empire. But for some players allowing a T5 Connie to be used breaks the canon in the game.
Captain
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 5,350
# 17
04-02-2014, 08:23 AM
This is priceless.

The guy that's been asking why he doesn't have enough customization so he can create characters that violate another companies Intellectual Property is now saying the game needs less customization because playing is too hard.

A game so easy to play that it only takes brand new players 2-3 days to get a brand new character to the level cap using nothing but the lowest level gear (white) on the lowest difficulty setting.

ROFLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL!!!
C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\banner11.jpg
Captain
Join Date: Oct 2013
Posts: 2,740
# 18
04-02-2014, 08:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by riccardo171 View Post

PvP is fine, and community is epic.


.
You played another game. One of the worst things and most horrible things on STO is pvp lol. Because it is almost non existent. Because only a few play pvp in STO. Because it is messed up. And the community.. well, im not going to go that way.
Captain
Join Date: Sep 2012
Posts: 783
# 19
04-02-2014, 08:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thecosmic1 View Post
To some extent I have to agree with the OP - and I have said similar things in the past. Very little of the game is actually explained to you.

You start in your T1 ships and everything is fine, because everyone is using the same basic T1 ship. Then you get promoted into T2 and all of a sudden you are supposed to understand the differences between Cruiser, Science, and Escort - as well as how your chosen Class functions in each of them. There is nothing in game that explains to new players why they might decide to choose a Cruiser over an Science Vessel. And on top of all that you have now had Dilithium and Doffing dumped on you without any real understanding of the importance of Dilithium or exactly how Doffing is supposed to benefit you over time. And all of this happens very quickly because leveling is at Light-speed in the game with you going into a T3 vessel in around 10 /played hours and being at end-game around 25.

I have been here since before the Trek license was even announced as purchased by Cryptic and there are still things in this game I do not fully understand - such as where to hunt-down all the Doff chains or exactly how some of the various Equipable items are calculated into your stats when you slot them or choose a Skill - or why you should choose Engine type A over B, or Shield type D over E, etc. Very little of this game is actually explained while you play - which is why there are always so many repeat questions on the forum constantly.

And yes, all established games have a learning curve that you either deal with or you do not play, but in many instances it seems like STO goes out of its way to not make things intuitive or even marginally understandable.
and... you beaten me to it, took me over half a year of regular play to actually learn how to make non-horrible builds, because the game does its hardest to keep information from you.

this is why you have people using DBB cruisers, beam escorts, rainbow/skittle ships, etc, and it doesn't help when someone asks either ingame or the forums "what is the best (insert random stuff here)" folks have to give that incredibly dumb answer "there is no best", which doesn't explain a thing.

i disagree however that playing time has anything to do it, 25h to get to max level(and that is if you're basically blasting through the content, since it tends to be more than that), should be enough to teach how to play something, even if not perfect, the problem lies with the lack of explanation.

Last edited by phoenicius; 04-02-2014 at 08:30 AM.
Survivor of Romulus
Join Date: Jun 2012
Posts: 3,268
# 20
04-02-2014, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by origcaptainquack View Post
the game is hard to play esp if you want one of the best ships eqipped in game.
STO hard? That's so laughable it's potentially dangerous, as people could pass out from laughing too hard.

But if STO is too hard, fear not- for there are games made to suit those who find STO too hard. I present to you- Progress Quest!
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 08:42 PM.