Lt. Commander
# 21
04-02-2014, 08:28 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by origcaptainquack View Post
with all the builds for ships, characters, bridge officiers, duty officiers, and now kits. the game is hard to play esp if you want one of the best ships eqipped in game. there too much to learn for no real reward. pvp is horrible. with making the game where you have to think so much in order not to even accomplish something, why bother playing sto? most games you dont have to think half as much in order to get character situated for playing. even the concept of change is great, its alot of work and reading. im starting to think its not worth the effort.
you are thinking right, leave, and don't get back
Career Officer
# 22
04-02-2014, 08:47 AM
I don't know anything about what builds are best or what goes with what or doesn't, its all way above me.
but I just bung in the highest tier of whatever I can lay my hands on preferably rare on very rare and any sets that I might have picked up one way or another.
most likely any players in the know would swoon if they see what I was using but it works ok for me....... mostly.
Quote:
When I think about everything we've been through together, maybe it's not the destination that matters, maybe it's the journey, and if that journey takes a little longer, so we can do something we all believe in, I can't think of any place I'd rather be or any people I'd rather be with.
Captain
# 23
04-02-2014, 08:49 AM
Quote:
with all the builds for ships, characters, bridge officiers, duty officiers, and now kits. the game is hard to play esp if you want one of the best ships eqipped in game. there too much to learn for no real reward. pvp is horrible. with making the game where you have to think so much in order not to even accomplish something, why bother playing sto? most games you dont have to think half as much in order to get character situated for playing. even the concept of change is great, its alot of work and reading. im starting to think its not worth the effort.
Try http://hilbertguide.com/.

I know it says PvP, but it all works for PvE too.
Lt. Commander
# 24
04-02-2014, 09:14 AM
wait a few more months, cryptic is gonna make this game easy all it takes is spacebar spam. then you can win whatever favorite thing you're grinding for.

just wait a few more months.
T'Heign: "Pugging makes me angry.. But smashing people with preteam makes me depressed."
Rh'ushatsi - IRW AmA & M'Irabitur V | Rogues Alliance
Rushatsi - USS Ciza-E | Rogues Alliance
Atsi - IKS Stinger | Rogue Blackguard
Captain
# 25
04-02-2014, 09:30 AM
Well there's something that has never been mentioned before. The game requires too much thinking If only some people would THINK a little more before they write something.
Career Officer
# 26
04-02-2014, 09:39 AM
In the OP's defence. The game is not especially newbie friendly. You level up so quickly you don't have time to adjust to anything or work out what's going on before you're getting new mechanics thrown at you thick and fast and very little is well explained.

I've introduced several, quite intelligent, friends to the game, and I've had to sit down and explain things like doffs to them. It took one of them a couple of months to realise they could switch between RPG and shooter mode, or even promote their boffs. At least the tutorials are better now.

A significant amount is easier if you've played MMOs before as I had, but please don't take it for granted that not everyone has. Due to this being Star Trek it brings in people who would not otherwise play RPGs or MMOs, so the mechanics and concepts aren't so easy for them.
Lieutenant
# 27
04-02-2014, 09:41 AM
Quote:
If this game makes you think too much, never, ever, ever play EVE. The very idea of transversal velocity would consume all of your brain's processing power. We won't even get into the mechanics of cornering the market on one item with moderate demand, in three regions (one of which is a tertiary trade hub).

This game is about as difficult to pick up and play as Lincoln logs and Lego. It seems the problem stated in the OP is someone wants to be at the top levels of performance, without putting any effort into getting there.
Captain
# 28
04-02-2014, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by architect13 View Post
Pong is available for download.
Paddle is OP plz nerf
Captain
# 29
04-02-2014, 09:49 AM
I disagree. I find that this game is only as hard as I choose to make it. Find yourself a good fleet with good members who are willing to teach and it's a lot easier. I fell into an awesome fleet who has gotten my builds off the ground nicely.

Defending The Galaxy By Breaking One Starfleet Regulation After The Next.
Survivor of Romulus
# 30
04-02-2014, 09:51 AM
I find STO to be easy to learn, hard to master.

Just the way I like it.
Founder and Grand Vizier of the Sovereign Ba'al joke. Hail Ba'al! Our theme song
My official eternal issue: Why no muscle definition slider? Let's have some equal-opportunity sexiness, Cryptic!
PWE: NO to mandatory ARC! At least make it optional!