Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
You're becoming a laughing stock of the gaming community.

http://www.giantbomb.com/forums/gene...unt/387591/#10
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-06-2010, 05:47 PM
Haha, I just took that when I cancelled my subscription a minute ago. It's pretty sad.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-06-2010, 05:50 PM
LOL that is great post. I needed a laugh after sitting here for an hour waiting in the line up to get back in.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-06-2010, 05:55 PM
Right, because instead of spending time fixing login issues, server stability, and the general MMO launch, they should allocate resources in fixing a minor error in cancel account services. An error that is in no way going to effect your account.

Yeah, brilliance is abound on this forum.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-06-2010, 05:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewybunny View Post
Right, because instead of spending time fixing login issues, server stability, and the general MMO launch, they should allocate resources in fixing a minor error in cancel account services. An error that is in no way going to effect your account.

Yeah, brilliance is abound on this forum.
The problem is that it IS just a minor issue on a PRODUCTION website. It shows a lack of QA, a lack of polish, and a lack of professionalism.

If we can't expect them to QA a production web application correctly, how do we expect them to QA an enterprise (pun CERTAINLY intended) grade networked application?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-06-2010, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zellemen
The problem is that it IS just a minor issue on a PRODUCTION website. It shows a lack of QA, a lack of polish, and a lack of professionalism.

If we can't expect them to QA a production web application correctly, how do we expect them to QA an enterprise (pun CERTAINLY intended) grade networked application?

Exactly. It seems pretty obvious that all they did was copy and paste the CO website...Just like they did with many other aspects of this game...
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-06-2010, 06:05 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zellemen
The problem is that it IS just a minor issue on a PRODUCTION website. It shows a lack of QA, a lack of polish, and a lack of professionalism.

If we can't expect them to QA a production web application correctly, how do we expect them to QA an enterprise (pun CERTAINLY intended) grade networked application?
F your quality and polish and professionalism. You have no semblance of knowledge of how hard is to launch a successful title these days. The expectations you have are unrealistic. The expectations a hell of a lot of gamers these days are just unrealistic. Is it no wonder that the Gaming Industry as a whole is falling apart? Got to please all the kidlets out there who don't have a single notion of patience. Not one.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-06-2010, 06:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewybunny View Post
F your quality and polish and professionalism. You have no semblance of knowledge of how hard is to launch a successful title these days. The expectations you have are unrealistic. The expectations a hell of a lot of gamers these days are just unrealistic. Is it no wonder that the Gaming Industry as a whole is falling apart? Got to please all the kidlets out there who don't have a single notion of patience. Not one.
So you admit that this isn't a successful title? Look, fair fine, the game isn't what other games are. Thats OK. Just don't charge us the same thing that working games with multiple servers and gameplay with depth do.

Look, its one thing to be a fan of the game. It's another to let a company off the hook for releasing substandard product. I desperately want this game to survive, so that when it's worth a damn I can come back and feel good about spending my money, and we just aren't anywhere near that yet.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-06-2010, 06:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewybunny View Post
F your quality and polish and professionalism. You have no semblance of knowledge of how hard is to launch a successful title these days. The expectations you have are unrealistic. The expectations a hell of a lot of gamers these days are just unrealistic. Is it no wonder that the Gaming Industry as a whole is falling apart? Got to please all the kidlets out there who don't have a single notion of patience. Not one.
...you do realize this is a problem that could have been solved by having a single intern spend a few minutes proofreading important pages?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-06-2010, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zellemen
So you admit that this isn't a successful title? Look, fair fine, the game isn't what other games are. Thats OK. Just don't charge us the same thing that working games with multiple servers and gameplay with depth do.

Look, its one thing to be a fan of the game. It's another to let a company off the hook for releasing substandard product. I desperately want this game to survive, so that when it's worth a damn I can come back and feel good about spending my money, and we just aren't anywhere near that yet.
No title is ever 100% smooth and successful. However, in comparison with other titles that I have had the pleasure of trying out at launch, this isn't at all unfamiliar. In fact, this is significantly better than a lot of other top selling MMOs, including WoW, EQ, and EQ2.

I'm letting the company off the hook because this isn't a sub-standard product, in fact, compared with the competition, the times, and the production time/value they had going for them this is pretty well-standard product. As someone who also worked for developers and is now a small time developer himself, I know how the system works. I also know the costs, the time, and the ******** that comes with this.

You spent 60 bucks on this game, and you get a free month to play it. It has been 4 days, with pretty standard MMO launches. And you've already decided to give up on it? Yeah, that says a lot buddy.

I've played this game for a total of about 3 hours post-launch. Every so often I check if i can login, I cannot, do I got ape**** insane for it? No. It's what it is. If this is the same way a month or two months from now, then you have every right to ***** and complain, until then, just be patient. It's Saturday (Maybe even Sunday in some parts) find something productive to do, like, oh hey, go find your own game company and try to launch a 100% smooth and perfect mmo.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:28 PM.