Lt. Commander
# 1 psi velorum sector broken?
02-06-2010, 06:07 PM
the defend psi velorum sector block has been broken for days - lots of posts in forums

now i cant complete rator prime - i get dc'ed everytime i try to beam down.

2 for 2 bugged missions in this sector block.

do any of the missions here work?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 06:10 PM
I just completed that entire sector today with absolutely no problems.
So I have no idea what you are talking about.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 06:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by justicesto View Post
the defend psi velorum sector block has been broken for days - lots of posts in forums

now i cant complete rator prime - i get dc'ed everytime i try to beam down.

2 for 2 bugged missions in this sector block.

do any of the missions here work?
hey man i thought it was broken too but you gotta talk to the right signal contacts. just keep talking to different ships until you get the one where it says kill hydrogen 0/9 or whatever. it works man trust me.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 02:26 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by evilsandwich View Post
hey man i thought it was broken too but you gotta talk to the right signal contacts. just keep talking to different ships until you get the one where it says kill hydrogen 0/9 or whatever. it works man trust me.
Nope, it doesn't work... Sure, if you only pick the Hirogen, it may work, haven't tried it yet, but your mission orders read "Hirogen or any other hostile fleets", so those Terran Federation fleets would also count as valid enemy contacts. I just finished one of those and it didn't register as a defeat for the defende the psi velorum sector block mission...

Also, the button to return to sector space (usually says "OPS") has no text for these encounters.

So, yeah, broken..
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 02:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimS84 View Post
Nope, it doesn't work... Sure, if you only pick the Hirogen, it may work, haven't tried it yet, but your mission orders read "Hirogen or any other hostile fleets", so those Terran Federation fleets would also count as valid enemy contacts. I just finished one of those and it didn't register as a defeat for the defende the psi velorum sector block mission...

Also, the button to return to sector space (usually says "OPS") has no text for these encounters.

So, yeah, broken..
I have the exact same experience today. I started talking and observing the signal contacts : a Romulan will not complete the quest. A hirogan will complete the quest IF there are Hirogan ships in the instance. If there are alternate universe terran ships it does not...well, not sure on that last part. I never see the timer or quest info appear. They kill me so fast it would not be possible to try and complete the mission.