Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > Romulan Flotilla
Login

Republic Veteran
# 11
04-04-2014, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by noblet View Post
You're two years out of date. The kind of noobs using stf shield instead of elite fleet shield in pvp will go down easily anyway. Anyone worth considering will have [adapt].
Someone not using an Elite Fleet Adapt isn't necessarily a noob, as they may not have access to such an item within their fleet.
www.RIHANNSU.org
Romulan Language Institute

D'Galan - Tal'Diann - khre'Enriov - Engineer
Captain
# 12
04-04-2014, 02:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by umiharayuu View Post
Someone not using an Elite Fleet Adapt isn't necessarily a noob, as they may not have access to such an item within their fleet.
You can get a starbase instance invite. So no, noobage is the only explanation.
Critical Hit Calculator
Captain
# 13
04-04-2014, 03:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptskeeteruk View Post
I just do pve so im not too fussed with pvp style stuff.

What mods should be the better choice for Romulan Plasma beam arrays?
For pure PVE with Romulans, you're best bet is stacking [CrtD]. You'll crit often with a fully-spec'd Romulan, and [CrtD] (severity) makes it hurt a lot. PVE ships just dont move enough to warrant [acc]x2.

As for the original question, these weapons are very very good, and especially good with the 3-pc Romulan set bonus with the experimental beam array and the hyper plasma torpedo. Once you have those together, you get a beam ability that activates a special firing mode on the experimental beam--with buffs you can do ~20k per hit with that mode enabled.

Another thing, try to get a hold of the Fleet embassy science consoles with +Plasma buffs, since they add more base damage to the plasma weapons.
Captain
# 14
04-04-2014, 05:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cptskeeteruk View Post
Hi there.

I just do pve so im not too fussed with pvp style stuff.

What mods should be the better choice for Romulan Plasma beam arrays? I thought Acc and Crit Chance but not sure. I may or may not get the nukura beam accuracy console, im undecided on that for now.

Edit - Yep gona go for it as it has +5 shields and has exotic for plasma i presume and the 10% acc for beams. Seems daft not to get it really.
Nothing wrong with the nukara console, and using ACC CRIT romulan plasma would be perfectly sufficient for a romulan.

If you have come to the forums, to complain about the AFK penalty, than it is WAI.
MACO/OMEGA/KHG Accolade Bug Link
Praetor of the Romulan Tal'Shiar fleet