Captain
# 21
04-04-2014, 02:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ltdata96 View Post
Enterprise crew is awesome.

What kinda bugs me though is that the Ent crew is always saying "blah blah, biggest ship federation has ever built" IT IS NOT!
Shon has Jupiter envy .

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Lieutenant
# 22
04-04-2014, 03:38 AM
I'd have to go with the Enterprise crew – just because you've met a lot of the crew before.

Nice to see Lt. O'Brien has moved up in the world. Seriously, whatever his job was at Memory Alpha had to have been the worst assignment ever, (at least with the current state of crafting). To go from there to chief engineer of the Enterprise - well that's one huge step up.

Kav kind of 'I can't believe I got hired' tone was pretty amusing and Kyona's voice was refreshingly different.

I was kind of surprised there weren’t more Remans on the Lleiset's bridge crew, but overall I liked it's make up.

Bortasqu's chief engineer (Tarol?) had some almost poetic lines.

The missions were great, it's just sad that we only get to hear all that voice work for a few days.
Captain
# 23
04-04-2014, 03:53 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gerudon View Post
Gods help us, all of our flagships have utterly horrible builds!

Edit: And common Singularity Cores?! What the hell...?!
There's a reason we have more combat experience.
Commander
# 24
04-04-2014, 04:09 AM
After trying all three, I got to say I like the Fed crew the most. Most friendly with the Romulan crew in a close 2nd.

Fav crew members.

Fed: Chief medical officer, Commander Savel
Rom: Tactical Officer, Lieutenant Jhu Terel
KDF: Science Officer, Lieutnant Commander Serassh
Commander
# 25
04-04-2014, 07:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
Shon has Jupiter envy .
Or maybe it's the devs hinting: "The Jupiter will never be a playable ship! Gnagnagnagnagna!".

But on my side, the Federation crew is the best, with the Republic one coming close.
Each has a different personality and unique voice and their information is interesting.
Kyona is one of my favorite crew members, because ironically, you don't know a lot about her past, except in side-media. She's here, she loves her job, she shows it, she has a pretty voice, and it's very nice.

I still have the impression she sounds very young, but once again, we only had Majel Barret's voice for M'Ress, Kestral's for Facility 4028's Kyona and those of the (non!)Caitian twins from Into Darkness (screw you, JJ! We expected you to make ST prettier and more modern, not destroy existing species' design!).

The KDF crew? Apart from the sympathetic Gorn and 1 or 2 older Klingons, they all act like bloodthirsty psychopaths repressing their urges. Granted, unlike others, I kinda like Koren's voice, I just think they made her too brutal, like most Klingons in this game. It's almost as if J'mpok managed to brainwash everyone except Worf and a few sane klingons with his stance towards non-KDF, like a powerful Undine psi master... *ponders* Hm...
Commander
# 26
04-04-2014, 07:29 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurializard View Post
Or maybe it's the devs hinting: "The Jupiter will never be a playable ship! Gnagnagnagnagna!".

But on my side, the Federation crew is the best, with the Republic one coming close.
Each has a different personality and unique voice and their information is interesting.
Kyona is one of my favorite crew members, because ironically, you don't know a lot about her past, except in side-media. She's here, she loves her job, she shows it, she has a pretty voice, and it's very nice.

I still have the impression she sounds very young, but once again, we only had Majel Barret's voice for M'Ress, Kestral's for Facility 4028's Kyona and those of the (non!)Caitian twins from Into Darkness (screw you, JJ! We expected you to make ST prettier and more modern, not destroy existing species' design!).

The KDF crew? Apart from the sympathetic Gorn and 1 or 2 older Klingons, they all act like bloodthirsty psychopaths repressing their urges. Granted, unlike others, I kinda like Koren's voice, I just think they made her too brutal, like most Klingons in this game. It's almost as if J'mpok managed to brainwash everyone except Worf and a few sane klingons with his stance towards non-KDF, like a powerful Undine psi master... *ponders* Hm...
Hehe xD /Season9

I Support the Jupiter & Typhoon classes as playable ships! (As do about 150 other Supporters)
Empire Veteran
# 27
04-04-2014, 07:31 AM
Incorrect post

Last edited by chalpen; 04-04-2014 at 07:34 AM.
Captain
# 28
04-04-2014, 08:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by saurializard View Post
and those of the (non!)Caitian twins from Into Darkness (screw you, JJ! We expected you to make ST prettier and more modern, not destroy existing species' design!).
*Cough* Not Caitians, not called Caitians on screen, so not canon *Cough*...

Just ignore them.

Cryptic! Need some FREE KDF uniform options that you wont have to make? See Here.

JJ. Trek is just as canon and awesome as all other Trek, Get over it.
Survivor of Romulus
# 29
04-04-2014, 09:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by artan42 View Post
*Cough* Not Caitians, not called Caitians on screen, so not canon *Cough*...

Just ignore them.
What they're called or not is irrelevant- it's JarJarTrek, so it's sooooooooo not canon.
Empire Veteran
# 30
04-04-2014, 09:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by agrady View Post
I'm happy you guys like the Lt.Kyona voice and thank you so much for your feedback! It's totally okay if you don't like the voice too, I'm just grateful to hear any feedback about it. I wasn't sure what folks would think. I tried to do it with a bit of M'Ress and Classic Catwoman, toned down a bit, and had a bit of practice as a mischievous Ferasan on Gates of Stovokor podcast prior to voicing Lt.Kyona on STO. I've been excited about this mission too, so it's great to finally play it as well. *raises a paw in salute to the fellow Captains and Caitians*

~ Adrianne Grady

(I also voice the Romulan Researcher A'dranna in the Reputation system and in the Worf episode, Sphere of Influence. There are some other roles in STO and NW I've done as well, but harder to find. If you want to know which voices I do, you can find/friend me in game @agrady or follow me on Twitter @xatrian. I generally announce it when it happens.)

Check out the podcast and radio community too if you get the chance! - Priority One, G&T Show, Gates of Stovokor, Trek Radio, Subspace Radio, SciMax, Trek.fm, Mission Log, Starfinder, Reality's Edge, and more!

I pop up at the Star Trek conventions in CA and Vegas, so you can catch me in person there too. I generally cosplay as my STO Ferengi Dar'Slooga, as my STO Romulan, and as Lal, Data's daughter.
~
Thank you for finally giving a voice to the first actual important story Caitian NPC. I look forward to future work you do with Kyona.
King of Lions rawr! Protect the wildlife of the world. Check out my foundry series Perfection and Scars of the Pride.
http://sto-forum.perfectworld.com/sh...1#post13990891