Republic Veteran
# 31
04-04-2014, 01:23 PM
The 500 zen is not enough, it should 1000 zen or more. You can't have all this constant respeccing, it adds to the power creep.

Another solution is to cut the skill points in half and then remove the respeccing fee to reduce the power creep.
Professional Slider Since 2409

Officially Nerfed In Early 2410
Career Officer
# 32
04-04-2014, 02:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sopwithsnipe View Post
You're just bitter that you can't think of a single rebuttal that refutes the simple fact that respecs can be done for free, and you just choose not to take advantage of them.
In all fairness, you can't buy respec tokens on Tribble. You must have already own them on holodeck, and then transfer your toon to Tribble to experiment with respecs. Not a biggie if you know it; but if you have 0 respec tokens, and someone tells you "Hey, just go to Tribble and test out for free!", then said person might find himself having to buy respec tokens on holodeck first, after all.

Just sayin'.
Career Officer
# 33
04-04-2014, 02:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by solidneutronium View Post
The 500 zen is not enough, it should 1000 zen or more. You can't have all this constant respeccing, it adds to the power creep.

Another solution is to cut the skill points in half and then remove the respeccing fee to reduce the power creep.
I love the power creep! So, how's about we do it the EvE Online way, and let ppl max out ALL their skills?! No one in the EvE Online community ever b*tched about the alleged power creep this would give rise to: ppl have simply accepted, and found it to be natural, that someone who's been in the game for several years is a lot further ahead than someone who just started out.

What you call 'power creep', I call the whining of this generation of selfies, who want everything *right now*, on equal footing with the veteran player, with nary an effort or time put into the whole deal. Self-entitlement at its glorified height!
Career Officer
# 34
04-04-2014, 03:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by meimeitoo View Post
In all fairness, you can't buy respec tokens on Tribble. You must have already own them on holodeck, and then transfer your toon to Tribble to experiment with respecs. Not a biggie if you know it; but if you have 0 respec tokens, and someone tells you "Hey, just go to Tribble and test out for free!", then said person might find himself having to buy respec tokens on holodeck first, after all.

Just sayin'.
You are correct, and what the devs should do on tribble is set the tribble cstore (lobi, etc) prices to zero for testing and delete all characters on the first of each month, or maybe every 3 months.
C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\banner11.jpg
Captain
# 35
04-04-2014, 03:25 PM
Quote:
You are correct, and what the devs should do on tribble is set the tribble cstore (lobi, etc) prices to zero for testing and delete all characters on the first of each month, or maybe every 3 months.
That's not what Tribble is for though, that's just what people use it to do.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Career Officer
# 36
04-04-2014, 03:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
That's not what Tribble is for though, that's just what people use it to do.
If players weren't intended to use tribble for our own testing between testing new content the devs would shut it down when they aren't testing new content.
C:\Users\Public\Pictures\Sample Pictures\banner11.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 37
05-09-2014, 01:22 AM
I know, I am a bit late here... but has anybody noticed that the 20k dil respec tokens were patched out of the dil store during the last 6 months? I cannot remember that it was included in any patch notes.

So paying 500 zen to reskill is the only option, at the exchange rate today this is almost 4 times the amount of dil I payed half a year ago.
Captain
# 38
05-09-2014, 01:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lebtron View Post
I know, I am a bit late here... but has anybody noticed that the 20k dil respec tokens were patched out of the dil store during the last 6 months? I cannot remember that it was included in any patch notes.

So paying 500 zen to reskill is the only option, at the exchange rate today this is almost 4 times the amount of dil I payed half a year ago.
Not sure since I never bought it but... I thought the 20 k respec was for traits and/or rep traits... Which can be changed at will now... Thought that didn't effect the skilltree???
Support more story content in STO
Captain
# 39
05-09-2014, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Yeah that's it, except for the fact that silver's (and everyone else) can grind dil for a week or so and get a respec to fix their builds for free.
Time is a cost, it is not free. Stop saying it is free when it is not.
Lt. Commander
# 40
05-09-2014, 02:01 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by revandarklighter View Post
Not sure since I never bought it but... I thought the 20 k respec was for traits and/or rep traits... Which can be changed at will now... Thought that didn't effect the skilltree???
Ah thanks, just had a look at the wiki, you are right. It was just for the reputation and the species. So I must have confused that, sry.

Which of course does not make the fact better that I have to pay 80k dil (may become less after the ship sell) or 5 for a bit of experimenting... I am willing to pay for fluff and ships, but those reskill tokens are way too expensive...