Lt. Commander
# 1 Interface Feedback
02-06-2010, 07:31 PM
I love the game but wanted to give some quick feedback, if you will indulge me. I spend a lot of time in combat moving the camera angle around and, with the view scaled out so far, it's hard to see my ship's position relative to the other vessels. Would it be possible to add, alongside the target's range, a relative bearing and elevation angle (ie, 270 mark 45 for a contact high on the port beam). This would help, for example, when torpedoes aren't available due to the relative pitch angle between the ownship and target ship and allow captains to make quick tactical decisions. It's pretty standard information in the 21st century fleet.

Second, and it's just an old Navy annoyance, but it's customary to address Lieutenant Commanders as "Commander XXX". Seeing someone say, "Thank you lieutenant commander" is awkward. Fortunately, in a day or two, I won't have that problem anymore...
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 07:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slimey View Post
Second, and it's just an old Navy annoyance, but it's customary to address Lieutenant Commanders as "Commander XXX". Seeing someone say, "Thank you lieutenant commander" is awkward. Fortunately, in a day or two, I won't have that problem anymore...
/Signed

That one really bugs me.