Lt. Commander
Doing the First Contact missions and looking at my toon showing the Picard finger gesture gave me some ideas ...

An fun game feature could allow us to invite another player to the tactical view of our bridge, or even taking our ship for a quick test run.

And for the next "Livestream Tour" we could be all on Captain's Smirk bridge

Besides the fun of seeing another ship / build at work, this would be a very valuable learning tool

Especially for fleets, they could organize events on their flagship / training sessions, etc.

Plus the advantage of testing new gear at work. I have noticed that often on forums there is a strong disagreement whether certain ship or gear is good or bad to use, but maybe some people simply don't have the skills to use it properly.

This could work two ways:

- either you simply "watch" how the fellow player operates in combat

- or maybe you could receive helm control for a little while to see what it feels like

Obviously there would be restrictions in place so that you can't use somebody else's ship during missions / STFs . But maybe for foundry missions ? That would be a great place for target practice.

Last edited by tardes13; 04-03-2014 at 03:40 PM.
Rihannsu
# 2
04-03-2014, 06:22 PM
This actually sounds like an awesome idea to me. Yeah it would need a lot of fine tuning to prevent others from using someones ship for mission like mentioned but i like this idea. cryptic, make it so. (please)
Commander
# 3
04-03-2014, 06:50 PM
Love this idea!
Captain
# 4
04-04-2014, 04:22 PM
Agreed. Awesome idea!
Commander
# 5
04-04-2014, 04:28 PM
Fly it, pew pee it yes but they shouldn't be able to alter ANYTHING.
http://s286.photobucket.com/user/parasite_12000/media/jub_zps9318ae82.jpg.htmlTeacher of friends, student of friends, I teach, I learn and united, we are unstoppable.