Lt. Commander
# 1 Gold sellers? On STO? Really?
02-02-2010, 02:18 PM
I didn't really know where else to put this thread...and I'm not really taking it srsly. So meh.

My inbox on the website is starting to get a lot of messages from people trying to sell me credits. WTF? Currently, I have more credits than I really know what to do with and max weapons and equipment for my rank.

Now, some of those honor and exploration badges maybe....

Is this really necessary? Does anyone really buy into this crap?

Anyway, I think it would be nice if the inbox had a "flag user" button. These messages are coming from the same three or four users and I think it would be nice if they were gone.

Is anybody else getting a lot of spam from people trying to sell credits?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-02-2010, 02:26 PM
Yeah, I'm getting a bunch of spam emails telling me to go to the site and buy in-game gold.

I would like to block these people too.

Mail system seems to be down now, they might be correcting this issue.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-02-2010, 02:31 PM
Yeah, I've been getting emails too recently...How they farm it, i'm kinda curious too ^_^;

Out of curiosity, how long have you been playing? I have under 17k Credits at the moment from head start. Still only Lt. Rank 8 so not sure if that's Low or Average
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-02-2010, 05:10 PM
Are you boring of farm credits?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-02-2010, 05:10 PM
I've also been playing throughout the head start. I'm right at the line for Lt Commander and somewhere over 30k credits. From what I've seen, I can buy almost all the gear I need at when I hit the next rank.

I don't really buy a lot of gear anyway. My current ship is equipped with drops that seem mostly superior to the stuff I can buy.

What's harder to come by are the other currencies like the stuff you get from scans or various badges from combat or exploration. I noticed you can by some pretty nice weapons with that stuff.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-02-2010, 05:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by lethargic1 View Post
My inbox on the website is starting to get a lot of messages from people trying to sell me credits.
Don't worry. That is Cryptic's new microtransaction system.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-02-2010, 05:17 PM
fortunately the exploration missions are repeatable. With the way it's set up you can't really just sraight up grind badges...but you very nearly can. Buying gear with energy credits is basically a waste at this point with badges. And I'm to suspicious of buying on the exchange for now. Gotta see how the in-game economy develops
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-02-2010, 06:50 PM
I logged in and sure enough 8 messages from "energy" farmers/spammers , really hope they pull a 0 tolerance on these guys
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-02-2010, 06:59 PM
Quote:
Are you boring of farm credits?
Whut? I'm not sure I understand the question but all my credits have been earned selling dropped loot to the vendor. Is it boring? Not at the moment, if that's what you mean. Do I farm? Well...I have been looking to open up a nice Tribble farm on Risa...

Quote:
Originally Posted by lethargic1 View Post
I've also been playing throughout the head start. I'm right at the line for Lt Commander and somewhere over 30k credits. From what I've seen, I can buy almost all the gear I need at when I hit the next rank.

I don't really buy a lot of gear anyway. My current ship is equipped with drops that seem mostly superior to the stuff I can buy.

What's harder to come by are the other currencies like the stuff you get from scans or various badges from combat or exploration. I noticed you can by some pretty nice weapons with that stuff.
My main purpose for earning credits at this point is I want to own every ship class...and that, unfortunately, costs a lot of credits ^_^;

On a related note, how do you turn in / buy stuff with badges?
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-02-2010, 07:00 PM
It just started today and there's already gold/credit sellers?? Wow..... That alone made my decision on whether or not to buy this game much easier.

Computer, delete STO bookmark. Hailing frequencies permanently closed.

[end transmission]