Lt. Commander
# 11
02-06-2010, 11:36 PM
50% hull damage is an exagerration, i've been getting hit with it all night and rarely does it do more than 10 - 15% to me.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-06-2010, 11:39 PM
It affects only beams, because beams are obviously the most overpowered weapons...
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-07-2010, 12:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KabaalGen
50% hull damage is an exagerration, i've been getting hit with it all night and rarely does it do more than 10 - 15% to me.
You think so eh ? I guess we now know the extent of your gaming experience. You sir are wrong, skilled and/or field geared folks do immense damage with feedback pulse. You either stop shooting your target immeadeatly, or you will die.

Za'Rex
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-07-2010, 12:19 AM
Solution to this is, make it also affect cannons. Then we can call it balanced.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-07-2010, 02:59 AM
ooook,.. 1st thing its feadback u need to have a beam for feadback to work alltho idk why they did that stupid pulse animation a beam would have been far better. annyway

i wasent impressed with it i dumped it its not good. no one is forcing you to fire your beams at the guy
fire torpedoes or w/e if u cant take a fiew hits. its like rsp in the fact no one is forcing you to fire energy weapons at him and replenish his shileds but u can also focus fire on him and kill him
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-07-2010, 03:10 AM
First I want to state that if you wouldn't have nerd-raged here on the forums only a little percent of the playerbase would've known about the effects of feedbackpulse - now you will see it more often.

Second: I tried feedbackpulse out in open beta and if they didn't change any numbers it's not that badass as described. It is fun to have it on with RSP, but I have yet to see an enemy that took more than 10-15% hulldamage during the duration from it. Changed more efficient skills in for it.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-07-2010, 03:11 AM
Beams are semi-auto when they fire. One beam array will fire a pulse 2-4 times in one sitting. When you stack 8 of them on, that's a minimum of 16 hits per spacebar, with a maximum of 32 in a lucky streak.

Feedback Pulse will fire back at you each time your beam hits the target even if he is shielded or not, and with FBP II, I have seen it pulse on a target anywhere between 400-1000.

Usually by time you realize your target has activated FBP, you've hit spacebar 2-3 times. That is a minimum of 24 hits hitting for 9600. That is if you are lucky enough to get the minimum.

On the maximum, that is is 32000 damage hit on you. This damage is straight to your hull, ignoring shields. You think this is bad, you should see FBP III.

It may not seem like much, but add to the fact that you may be taking incoming damage and yah, you aren't going to last long hitting a target that has FBP up with beams.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-07-2010, 03:13 AM
Quote:
Hmmmm. MES (Fixed), RSP, Feedback Pulse,Viral matrix. that's half of ...8 skills? There are a ton of skills that are balanced.

In any game there are skills that are too good. Instead of just saying use it or deal with it, we say fix it.
Viral Matrix is fine, L2P.

Reverse Shield Polarity is fine, L2P. (Caveat here is that having it be "stackable" is indeed going too far, but if the ability itself is nerfed much, every Federation player will be in a Cruiser so they don't die 3 seconds into an Alpha Strike).

Quote:
Hmm, if I only use cannons and torps this won't affect me.
I think it affects all energy weapons, doesn't it? That would include Cannons.

Quote:
Probably because this game's extensive testing of 45 minutes in QA and a bunch of random yahoo beta testers who spent half their time waiting for the server to come back up did not, in fact, reveal all of the balance issues.

That and the designers probably spent about 2 minutes pondering the ramifications of these skills on PvP. NPCs don't complain when you use some stupidly overpowered ability on them.
So two weeks of open beta didn't reveal the issues, but < 5 days of release time has? Give me a break
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-07-2010, 03:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wheem View Post
Viral Matrix is fine, L2P.
I think it affects all energy weapons, doesn't it? That would include Cannons.
It doesn't affect cannons, only beams
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-07-2010, 03:34 AM
Oh my ,i must have missed the big kabooms of the 5 Klingon Players that did shoot at me while i was running a fully skilled Feedback Pulse 2 (means the BO skill itself and my Characterskills for this one) ...maybe because my Ship got Kaboom ...oh well when i come to think about it the Deathmatch Counter only counted one to our losses not theirs so maybe they didnt even loose 1 Ship while my Feedback Pulses hit them?

Actually i would really like to see those high numbers you state here. All i've seen so far was something between 150-200 with rarely a Crit around 300-350 ...which dont comes that often *sob* ...at a T5 Hull thats well , i got my Hull at around 30000. While its not that bad when you get focused its not that hard to outheal if you got supporting Teammates ...actually 1 Hazard Emitter can outheal it.