Lt. Commander
Did you ever want to go back to some of the exploration systems that you found? maybe as a hang out for you and you're fleet, or just you're own private solar system.

I know I wanted something like that. sadly exploration is go to a system, do the mission, and say bye bye to it. But there is one mission type that isn't like that. the first contact mission where the people you meet want you to go out, get some supplies, and come back. now when you come back it pops up to warp to that system.

my question is, why can't we have that for other systems. so it got me thinking. what if we had a drop down window from our map that would display exploration maps that we saved, so we would have an option of going back. now granted we couldn't keep all of the of the maps we visit, but maybe we could store a list of 25 to 50 maps, maybe more. we could share these lists with friends, and fleet members. this could also open up for player housing on the land maps, and maybe Fleet space stations.

what do you think? any ideas, thoughts, complaints.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 08:37 PM
It was supposed to be that way : Cryptic said you would be able to exchange coordinates of your findings with friends. The problem is that once you're done with the mission, there's no one left and nothing to do. I never go to my bridge because I've no reason to, it would be the same.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 08:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Delazure View Post
It was supposed to be that way : Cryptic said you would be able to exchange coordinates of your findings with friends. The problem is that once you're done with the mission, there's no one left and nothing to do. I never go to my bridge because I've no reason to, it would be the same.
one thing that could be added is player housing, and fleet bases. also if we were to get some real mining for a crafting system, it could be a place for harvesters.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 09:00 PM
Interesting yes. It would add a lot to the game especially if they add a civilian faction of merchants / industry producer etc.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 09:21 PM
I grabbed this from the first time this idea hit me. ( sadly it was in the wrong place so it was buried by the fanboi, QQ fight. )

this was taken from a discussion a few days ago.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codebreaker1963 View Post
Ok well mmmm,

Crafting, would this involve new characters for that profession? or would it be crafting for the only 3 professions in sto? i.e. engineer.tactical.science or would they add characters or aliens that could do professions outside starfleet? it's going to depend how fare you want to go, either open up sto to outsider professions, or just stick with the 3 and crafting revolves around your character be that science, tactical or engineer.

I would hope to see it open up to allow crafting which would create spies/gun runners/ship builders and so on.
maybe what we need is a civilian class. one who get transports instead of federation ships. have them go out. and mine for resources. maybe they could have a scanner that can be used to point the way to the resource they need. ( kind of like resource scanners in SWG) so you're flying in you're ship in one of the exploration clusters, you hit the scanner, and it points you in the direction on where to go. when you get there you beam down, and mine. ( doesn't even have to take that long. ) maybe ad in a mini game, and depending on how well you do on the mini game decides the grade of the ore, also how long you mine is how much ore. so if someone wanted to they could spend all day mining. ( i would say no auto mining )

Quote:
Originally Posted by Codebreaker1963 View Post
Well yes, but now we can expand on that idea with, yes have auto mining and you can setup mines in different area's, BUT they are open to attacks by the borg or klingons steal the ore you have collected and so on. More detail the better, something to occupie your mind and keep you working and thinking.
now how would we implement that? the current set up is after you explore you lose that planet. what I would do is ( if it's in one fot he exploration clusters ) is let you have a WARP TO option. and every planet you find get's added to a drop down list. ( to save on space maybe only let someone keep 50 to 100 planets on the list. ) now you can share the list with other people and they to can go see it.

as for players stealing it, let's bind it to the pvp, if a player kills another player in pvp part of the list is down loaded to the person who just killed them. ( this would also make you be careful about who you show you're planet to. )

so later on they could go to the exploration sector that it's in. ( maybe make it harder for them to find by not giving the exact cluster. ) and they could search for it. ( it would pop up as one of the random encounters, but only on that person screen. ) ( this would also make you be careful about who you show you're planet to. ) when they get there, if you're there then it mite be a PVP fight, or maybe you could buy some NPCs that spawn to protect it when you're gone.

I don't know. what do you think? ( and do we really want people being able to steal form other players? I don't know about you, but I hate the can pirates in eve and this would be like the same thing )