Captain
Prior to Season 8.5, the lowest rank available for BOffs was Ensign / Bekk and Uhlan, followed by Lieutenant.

I understand that for the purposes of the revamped tutorial missions in S8.5, it makes perfect sense for the player character him/herself to start out as a Cadet / Warrior / Citizen, before being directly field-promoted to Lieutenant in order to take command of a starship. However, this also had the side effect of demoting all the Ensigns in my BOffs down to cadet.

As such, I'd like to request that the starting rank for BOffs only be reverted back to Ensign, Bekk and Uhlan.

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Republic Veteran
# 2
04-03-2014, 11:55 PM
They are still Ensigns????
Captain
# 3
04-03-2014, 11:58 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by neoakiraii View Post
They are still Ensigns????
Nope, checked just now - all my Ensigns, which I had since I first joined just before the 2nd anniversary, are now referred to as Cadets

Game features I'd like to see improved / expanded: Better Ship Interiors // BOff Costume Slots
Captain
# 4
04-04-2014, 11:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sumghai View Post
Nope, checked just now - all my Ensigns, which I had since I first joined just before the 2nd anniversary, are now referred to as Cadets
Ditto. Especially on my bridge.
Capt. Kanril Eleya, U.S.S. Andraste, Strike Team Alpha

Useful Links for Foundry Writers | "Bait and Switch" -- Fed Foundry project, Part 1 rewards-qualified!
Say no to Arc! STO standalone installer
Captain
# 5
04-04-2014, 12:16 PM
What? I didn't notice this, that's bunk.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 6
04-04-2014, 12:27 PM
Yeah that got by me to, god now you've told me its really wierd on my ship ( unlisted crew on my ship... never ).
Career Officer
# 7
04-04-2014, 04:00 PM
You do realize that Boff Rank is based on skill points. And, let's face it, Boffs are near useless without spending skill points. I suggest "promoting" them all to "Commander" and setting their actual rank of Ensign on the uniform.
Captain
# 8
04-04-2014, 04:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by realwildblu View Post
You do realize that Boff Rank is based on skill points. And, let's face it, Boffs are near useless without spending skill points. I suggest "promoting" them all to "Commander" and setting their actual rank of Ensign on the uniform.
This isn't what we are talking about.
http://i1151.photobucket.com/albums/o633/centersolace/189cux9khvl6ojpg_zpsca7ccff0.jpg

So inhumane superweapons, mass murder, and canon nonsense is okay, but speedos are too much for some people.
Captain
# 9
04-04-2014, 05:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by realwildblu View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by centersolace View Post
This isn't what we are talking about.
Yeah, that's not what we're really referring to, realwildblu.

Some of us (like myself) like the challenge of bringing along low-ranking Mauve Shirts with limited powers in ground combat, and some of us simply like NPC dialogue to refer to our crew by their proper ranks.

Career Officer
# 10
04-04-2014, 05:28 PM
OK, so you want it for the immersion/RP factor. If I could wave a magic wand, I would eliminate the game assignment of the Boff rank and use player-designated ranks. I have a Rear Admiral character who has a Boff that I want to assign as Captain...