Career Officer
# 21
04-04-2014, 10:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by rattler2 View Post
If these attacks continue, Starfleet, the KDF, and Romulan Republic might have to respond. Kinda hard to ignore an incursion of that scale. The attack on DS9 could be considered an isolated event, but the siege of that Romulan station? That's pretty much an Act of War.
That was the point I was trying to convey. Most general response seems to be "we can't handle another front right now" and my point is, we already have had this front for a while in our wars. It just seems like they are doing better and better each time. If it continues to gain in scope, Starfleet cannot ignore it, and the KDF and RRW should not continue to ignore it.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen
I thought WoW's forums had angry elitist snobs, but I never could have imagined the level STO forums has.
Empire Veteran
# 22
04-04-2014, 11:22 AM
There is no "win" in a fight against other dimensions races. On either front.
There is no end game. And there is no point
Career Officer
# 23
04-04-2014, 12:11 PM
If there was no win in it, why does the Terran Empire keep invading the Alpha quadrant?
http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=...ture=endscreen
I thought WoW's forums had angry elitist snobs, but I never could have imagined the level STO forums has.
Empire Veteran
# 24
04-04-2014, 12:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranthraxisii View Post
If there was no win in it, why does the Terran Empire keep invading the Alpha quadrant?
It's a good way to kill time between weekends
Career Officer
# 25
04-04-2014, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tyranthraxisii View Post
...in this day, and age, and with all the threats from a Klingon war, a Borg invasion fleet, Undine infiltrator's, Romulans meddling with Iconian technology, True Way, and Dominion activities, and the Breen, we must forego this standard peaceful, let them strike first philosophy, and strike out at this Terran Empire ourselves.
It's amazing that there is even a Federation left given how spread our forces are. This game needs to change the story line a bit. Make peace with the klinks, create new story content where we get to actually explore as well as invade new enemies like with what the OP has suggested. I'd love to get some Terran skins too... can't infiltrate the enemy with lensflare and white shiny ships.

"The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward." - Rocky Balboa (2006)
Commander
# 26
04-04-2014, 03:10 PM
Red alert! All hands to battlestations! My ship and crew are at the ready and more than happy to take the fight to THEIR front door for a change.
I am in.
To those of us saying that we cannot fight a war on another front; war is upon us gentlemen whether we like it or not. That invasion fleet was no mere friendly backslap.