Lt. Commander
This forum is out of control. From all sides. From the "this game sux" trolls to the drive by fanboy one liners.

I have a few siggestions.
  • If there is a known server issue, make one thread for it, sticky it and direct all discussion to it. Close all other threads that are started over the issue. Example: "Feb 6 Server Issues" all new threads started will be closed right away and directed to it
  • Direct or move topics/threads to proper forum sub categories.
  • Start to hand out legit punishment to one line disrespectful posts. It doesnt matter if the said poster loves the game or hates it, they need to be dealt with. Bans and cooling off periods need to be used for ALL offenders regardless of personal views of the game. This forum is a circus and reflects very poorly on ones impression of how you run your company
  • Lastly, it is time to remove access to the forums in all but a beginner section of the forums to non paid subscribers. The reasons for this should be very clear.

My personal feeling about the game itself aside, Cryptic you really need to get these forums under control.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 09:38 PM
A lot of people have frustrations with the game design above and beyond tech or server issues. Sure, they could go the SOE route and simply censor anyone who voices a complaint, but I don't see how that improves the game.

For threads about gameplay itself, its best to look at other forums like "general gameplay" or the ship-specific forums.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 09:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roachface
A lot of people have frustrations with the game design above and beyond tech or server issues. Sure, they could go the SOE route and simply censor anyone who voices a complaint, but I don't see how that improves the game.

For threads about gameplay itself, its best to look at other forums like "general gameplay" or the ship-specific forums.
I am not talking about legit discourse. There is just to much rampant trolling from both sides of the issue.

I personally think the game leaves a lot to be desired but that does not give me the right to abuse the forum ToS.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 09:46 PM
I agree completely with the OP.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 09:47 PM
The CO forums eventually closed down to subscribers, so I am sure these forums will as well.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2010, 09:47 PM
I would like to begin with a vote to delete this thread.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2010, 09:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by kilosoldier
This forum is out of control. From all sides. From the "this game sux" trolls to the drive by fanboy one liners.

I have a few siggestions.
  • If there is a known server issue, make one thread for it, sticky it and direct all discussion to it. Close all other threads that are started over the issue. Example: "Feb 6 Server Issues" all new threads started will be closed right away and directed to it
  • Direct or move topics/threads to proper forum sub categories.
  • Start to hand out legit punishment to one line disrespectful posts. It doesnt matter if the said poster loves the game or hates it, they need to be dealt with. Bans and cooling off periods need to be used for ALL offenders regardless of personal views of the game. This forum is a circus and reflects very poorly on ones impression of how you run your company
  • Lastly, it is time to remove access to the forums in all but a beginner section of the forums to non paid subscribers. The reasons for this should be very clear.

My personal feeling about the game itself aside, Cryptic you really need to get these forums under control.
Cryptic is not devoting a lot of money towards forum mods, unfortunately I do not see your first three points happening. However your last point you made most likely will happen because it is common place on most MMO boards.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
I would like to begin with a vote to delete this thread.
I would like to begin to bann you from the forums..lol
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2010, 09:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildmugato View Post
I would like to begin to bann you from the forums..lol
I conccur with this conclusion, and offer it my full support.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2010, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt_Equinox
I conccur with this conclusion, and offer it my full support.
Banned for unauthorized use of the banning feature.