Lt. Commander
# 1 Scramble Sensors
02-11-2010, 11:18 AM
I've searched but if this question has been asked/answered I was unable to find it. Scramble Sensors in PvE makes enemies target each other. What does it do in PvP, beside make the clutter from a Vo'Quv turn?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-11-2010, 01:02 PM
It does a couple of things in PvP.

1) If you're hit with it makes everyone targetable and healable (very nice getting healed from the other team )

2) Will sometimes select friendly targets automatically for you.

Two thing about that last one. I have been firing on an enemy and I've been hit with scramble. Even though I am still firing it will automaticllay select a friendly and continue firing on them. Also sometimes this friendly can be in a position usually I cannot fire at like directly to the side of me with me using cannons, it will still fire the cannons at them. Now weather this is due to a bug or higher levels of scramble sensors or what I dont know, but its happened several times in PvP to me.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Thank you for your prompt and informative reply. I was debating between Jam or Scramble and you have help me come to a decision.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-11-2010, 02:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tenikis View Post
1) If you're hit with it makes everyone targetable and healable (very nice getting healed from the other team )
This is particularly easy to do if you generally heal the person on your team being focused by targeting an enemy and then using the assist function.

More than once I've used Extend Shields on an enemy ship, which is very embarassing as you get the blue beam shooting from your ship to theirs like a giant I AM A NOOB sign.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-11-2010, 02:51 PM
Scramble sensors :

Launches a slow travelling untargettable probe that emits an ae confuse upon reaching target. Tracks target, requires target. Fails if target dies before effect is triggered.

Causes NPCs to fire on nearest attackable object. This includes pets, mines and turrets.
Causes PCs to see all attackable objects as enemies. Also causes auto-assist to ignore enemy status. Heals will heal the target even if it shows as enemy rather than healing the enemy's target.

Lasts ~15 seconds. I believe sensor and sensor field extend duration. (need to check)
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-11-2010, 03:08 PM
I got SS3 up to 30 seconds. Not really what I want in that slot but waiting on a respec before I nuke it.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-11-2010, 04:42 PM
Yeah it does weird stuff sometimes like tenikis says, I had a HYT fly out the front of my ship then turn around straight back at my ally behind me, so very strange yet funny.