Lt. Commander
# 21
02-07-2010, 03:47 PM
just curious how idling would benefit people? They have to at least do some damage, to get xp if they don't then they're just griefing.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-07-2010, 03:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by aridion View Post
as long as you get the same amount of badges/exp/money theres just no incentive to win, so I really dont blame anybody to idle in a non meaningful arena style pvp match

Little things like honor and pride should encourage people to fight, not reward.

Why the hell would someone want to stand around and get killed "just to get the points". It is stupid, lacking in honor, and shows how little pride they have in themselves.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-08-2010, 12:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
just curious how idling would benefit people? They have to at least do some damage, to get xp if they don't then they're just griefing.
I do some times where i do no damage and run support i get medals etc but i dont get the juicy reward for being top damager. I think as long as you die and are there for a decent amount of time you get the medals which is what I thik they are after. Sucks though they take up a slot for an actual player who could be like helping.

I think the cure would be that they can't just die they must get some points and contribue to get medals etc then they wyould have to participate, but again tonight I had some incidents with afk klingons. Not nearly as bad as the day I made this thread.

I just hope that it stops. NOthing bugs me more then trying to decide if the guy is actualy there or not.. They move initially make a kill or get a point and then usualy stand in a doorway and go afk while the rest of us run around finishing the instance.

The other one that bugs me is when klingons yell for the feds to stand still so they can kill them so they can hurry up and get another map. Of course if i am on the recieiving end of that which I am at times I make a point of sprinting the entire time and prolonging the game as much as possible.

I guess to me its fun I dont care if i play the same map over and over again. I get experience and advance and get rewarded in some way so i can get better gear. I see no point in entering those pvp zones just to take upa slot. Whats at the level 40 awaiting these grinders? more afk? really i dont understand it .. ?
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-08-2010, 02:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by urbanlamb View Post
I do some times where i do no damage and run support i get medals etc but i dont get the juicy reward for being top damager. I think as long as you die and are there for a decent amount of time you get the medals which is what I thik they are after. Sucks though they take up a slot for an actual player who could be like helping.

I think the cure would be that they can't just die they must get some points and contribue to get medals etc then they wyould have to participate, but again tonight I had some incidents with afk klingons. Not nearly as bad as the day I made this thread.

I just hope that it stops. NOthing bugs me more then trying to decide if the guy is actualy there or not.. They move initially make a kill or get a point and then usualy stand in a doorway and go afk while the rest of us run around finishing the instance.

The other one that bugs me is when klingons yell for the feds to stand still so they can kill them so they can hurry up and get another map. Of course if i am on the recieiving end of that which I am at times I make a point of sprinting the entire time and prolonging the game as much as possible.

I guess to me its fun I dont care if i play the same map over and over again. I get experience and advance and get rewarded in some way so i can get better gear. I see no point in entering those pvp zones just to take upa slot. Whats at the level 40 awaiting these grinders? more afk? really i dont understand it .. ?
Yeah I think I've run into a couple AFK klingons, and definitely run into suicide ones all the time. They bug the hell out of me but all I can do is report them heh.
Lt. Commander
# 25
02-08-2010, 05:00 AM
Maybe it is me but I can't really blame those AFKers for it. The KDF missions basically force you to die and the fastest way of doing that is by standing still. If you actually fight your way through to the best of your abilities your character progress will be slower as you won't die as often. Just because this is honorless and the team is loosing is of no concern to some players. In a ground battle I don't care about those people as these battles are annoying anyway. In a space battle I am actually quite happy when the points drop below 200 and everybody doesn't respawn anymore. I don't mind to die and go in all by myself if necessary as the KDF rule says: "Die = Honor".

The only way out of this is by having the neutral zone being a free PVP-area. I had a very nice Fed right in front of me next to a Klingon world and I couldn't even force him away. Sorry to be quite frank but this has ****ing me off since the beginning. If there is ever supposed to be any kind of RPG this needs to be enabled.
Lt. Commander
# 26
02-08-2010, 06:36 AM
I saw someone doing this earlier today (first time) and I agree with whatever has been said against it. Its stupid and shouldnt be allowed.

Fix it please...
Lt. Commander
# 27 Ditto Yesterday - Furious
02-08-2010, 08:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaghettiMonster
Yeah I think I've run into a couple AFK klingons, and definitely run into suicide ones all the time. They bug the hell out of me but all I can do is report them heh.
With the two beginner missions for "Today is a Good Day to Die" calling for 25 deaths in ground and space teaching Klingons how they can profit from dieing Cryptic is not exactly helping the suicide issue.

I have also been in as a Klingon with a cloaked "conscientious objector" Klingon present. Only once so far but it infuriated me and I did report him.

SpaghettiMonster - The game loophole that allows hide-griefing is what I am looking to close with the "closest enemy" scanner suggestion you slammed a few days ago..
Lt. Commander
# 28
02-08-2010, 09:39 AM
Feds...wake up. NO KDF IS AFKing in PvP. I play nothing but PvP and I have yet to see anyone AFK. Players might be leaving, they might be choosing not to respawn into a losing fight...but little to no one is AFKing...certainly not enough to warrant the big uproar by the Feds.

You guys only think that because you cant see whats going on...so your imaginations are allowed to run away. Of course you want to think we are griefing you or depriving you of fun.

You guys are too busy smelling your own farts...and know you complain that everything not in your favor stinks. A few sour Feds starts preaching about our supposed AFKing and cloak griefing and now you all believe it.

Suiciders exist...for the power levers, its faster to throw yourself at the Fed ball 15 times than to sit around and wait for a fight to end.

Any AFK players you see arent really "us"...they are likly gold farmers. So please dont pin this mess on the KDF...we ar ehere to play. Call them what they are...farmers.
Lt. Commander
# 29
02-08-2010, 06:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by cocoa-jin View Post
Feds...wake up. NO KDF IS AFKing in PvP. I play nothing but PvP and I have yet to see anyone AFK. Players might be leaving, they might be choosing not to respawn into a losing fight...but little to no one is AFKing...certainly not enough to warrant the big uproar by the Feds.

You guys only think that because you cant see whats going on...so your imaginations are allowed to run away. Of course you want to think we are griefing you or depriving you of fun.

You guys are too busy smelling your own farts...and know you complain that everything not in your favor stinks. A few sour Feds starts preaching about our supposed AFKing and cloak griefing and now you all believe it.

Suiciders exist...for the power levers, its faster to throw yourself at the Fed ball 15 times than to sit around and wait for a fight to end.

Any AFK players you see arent really "us"...they are likly gold farmers. So please dont pin this mess on the KDF...we ar ehere to play. Call them what they are...farmers.
eh not a fed not a kdf either I have a character level 20'is on both sides I"m sorry but as a fed i get whined at by klingons not to prolong the match. and as a klingon I get to fight the fight with 2 out of the entire 5 team at times as the rest go afk

you wake up the reality is for some reason uknown to me the faster you get to level cap the better. It doesn't matter how or why but everyone wants to hurry up and get to the end where on BOTH side there is

no missions
no raids
no nothing other then pvp

klinks say they are borred so that is why they do it. so here is the thing as someone who doesnt likeplaying with players that are afk.. or klling them the reality is if a klingon is borred at level 20 which I am not then he will be borred at level 40 in 4 days when he gets there. So why bother? why ruin the fun for the people who actually want to um pvp?

They aren't farmers farmers dont have nice klingon names nor would they even bother levelling up a kling they could move the stuff from a level 45 federation to a level 6 klingon using mail and the exhchange since mules get banned usualy they stay at the starter level because no point grinding a character that they consider a throw away character.

Farmers would just grind each others in premade groups in house battles there would be no need to mix with the masses using the present system.

Anyhow as a "carebear casual player" who was relying on the power levellers who are increasing in number on a daily basis not taking slots in these groups the game is now ruined for me. I must must must stick to a fleet/guild and cannot socialize with new folks. I hate that. I join games to make friends /shrug
Lt. Commander
# 30
02-08-2010, 06:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thrishmal View Post
Little things like honor and pride should encourage people to fight, not reward.

Why the hell would someone want to stand around and get killed "just to get the points". It is stupid, lacking in honor, and shows how little pride they have in themselves.
the "get killed 25 missinos" need to be removed they are an incentive to go afk. I just ignore them, but I know others don't and they just throw themselves at the feds. Feds think the entire time the klingons suck when in reality its some guy completing a mission objective.

I was in a space one today and I asked if there were any klingons there to actualy pvp or just doing missions objectives "die 25 times in space" out of the 10 total 2 grouped with me in the 5 second battle the and one answered that he was there just go finish his die 25 times quest.

/shrugs

as a pvp faction there is a whole lot of reason to avoid real pvp which is a shame cause I prefer the klingon side, but unforutunately i find it somewhat frustrating to just join a 2 second suicide match and equally as disheartening to watch klingons throw themselves at me knowing why they are doing it. Federation side thinks they are better and they have "skill" when in fact the klingons are just messing around and not trying.

The other day I got told as an "excuse" for not trying "its just a game" , "grow up" here is the thing i'm 47 and I"m fully grown but all games have goals and/or rules and repeatedly having matches purposely ruined ruins any gameplay for others.

If i join a soccer team they choose me based on my ability to play the game even though its "just a game" there is no point in pretending like the goal of the game is to not take part in it.

dunno but from where I sit as a "carebear casual player" all those just grinding to the end as I am seeing might as well pay for a game they will actualy play instead of taking a match to their money and burning it on a game they aren't actualy playing ^^