Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 31
02-08-2010, 06:43 PM
lets see if i understood that correctly:

for lvling a klingon char its better to die as often as possible, than achieving victories?!?

*insert 2 mins pause for having a laughing fit and afterwards attempting to get back into the chair*


as for afk-guys and going away: theyre like the gold sellers, once there youll never get rid of them

although CCP (EVE dev) did mostly, i think, but that could be me never reading local chat, just corp and ally, they increased they amount of ore per asteroid, but left the needed amount for production alone => dumping the prices => the mining bots got a cut in their profits



blizzard (WoW dev) got rid of the lvl 60/70/80 alterac/etc. afk people yet?i think they try to at least since 06
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 32
02-08-2010, 11:24 PM
Do you honestly thing all those KDF are AFK?

Guys get real. For me I have waited in a game by myself when there were 5 feds vs lonely me. I am a Klingon and I roleplay it. I will not fly my BOP (Glass Ship) in to a hoard of galaxies. Its not happening.. I will wait for reinforcements. I am not going to be an easy kill for you..

I will wait, Plain and simple. I will wait when you decide to break up that Fed ball. as soon as I get a ship 1 on 1 I will attack.. I fly a BOP with a Science Build. So I dont have the fire power to take you all on at 1 time.. When I attack, I fight a hard as I can.. But, when all you feds decide to show up.. I will Run away.. I am not going to make it easy for you to kill me.. Thats Simple Fact..

If I wanted to end the game quick I would just Activate my self Destruct 15 times and the match will be over and I will get paid Very Good Medals for it.. But, I want to play. I want to enjoy what this game has to offer.

If you think I am griefing you because, I cloak and Hide for my best shot. Thats your option to think so.

I am going to play the Game my way. NO ONE will dictate to me how I should play.. If you dont like my Tactics you can do what so many other Klingons do when they are so Overpowered.. LEAVE!!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 33
02-08-2010, 11:45 PM
I just wrote this in another thread, but it can also be said here.....

I dont get you guyz, for the sake of balance and to prevent these long tedious matches, there shouldnt be a timer on the match itself, but instead ON THE CLOAK of Klingons.

Why not make it that when a Klingon, when he cloaks, he gets a random time between 2 or 3 minutes to position himself and to attack before his stealth runs out.

This would:

Prevent long tedious waits.
Grant the playstyle more of a fight or flee situation for the klingons.
Faster and more FUN PvP since the timer isnt exact every time you cloak, could be 2 mins 2 secs or 2 mins and 58 secs.

PS: Imo, 2-3 mins stealth/batttlestealth is enough to either postion yourself or flee to a safe distance from the fight as intended. But if i really had a say, id would for for a timer between 2-3 mins for 'normal stealth' and 1-2 mins for battlestealth.

from thread: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...38#post2006638
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 34
02-11-2010, 09:57 AM
they do this because why play the game for enjoyment when you can just cloak and go watch nickelodeon then come back and have skill points.

this is the same thing with missions, deepspace encounters, fleet actions....and just about everything else in the game. they made it too easy for players to just leach of others who are actually trying to play and enjoy themselves instead of looking for a way to power level.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 35
02-11-2010, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whittany
Do you honestly thing all those KDF are AFK?

Guys get real. For me I have waited in a game by myself when there were 5 feds vs lonely me. I am a Klingon and I roleplay it. I will not fly my BOP (Glass Ship) in to a hoard of galaxies. Its not happening.. I will wait for reinforcements. I am not going to be an easy kill for you..

I will wait, Plain and simple. I will wait when you decide to break up that Fed ball. as soon as I get a ship 1 on 1 I will attack.. I fly a BOP with a Science Build. So I dont have the fire power to take you all on at 1 time.. When I attack, I fight a hard as I can.. But, when all you feds decide to show up.. I will Run away.. I am not going to make it easy for you to kill me.. Thats Simple Fact..

If I wanted to end the game quick I would just Activate my self Destruct 15 times and the match will be over and I will get paid Very Good Medals for it.. But, I want to play. I want to enjoy what this game has to offer.

If you think I am griefing you because, I cloak and Hide for my best shot. Thats your option to think so.

I am going to play the Game my way. NO ONE will dictate to me how I should play.. If you dont like my Tactics you can do what so many other Klingons do when they are so Overpowered.. LEAVE!!!
you're right. why would anyone enter a situation where they might win when if you could instead only play when they will win. I'm not trashing you for this because it's completely logical. If given the option between a fair fight and afight that you have 0% of losing then it's a no brainer. But then you klings need to stop talking trash about the fed ball. asking us to go wander off alone with no cloak is just as stupid as asking you guys to split up and fly around uncloaked.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 36
02-11-2010, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by koroi View Post
I just wrote this in another thread, but it can also be said here.....

I dont get you guyz, for the sake of balance and to prevent these long tedious matches, there shouldnt be a timer on the match itself, but instead ON THE CLOAK of Klingons.

Why not make it that when a Klingon, when he cloaks, he gets a random time between 2 or 3 minutes to position himself and to attack before his stealth runs out.

This would:

Prevent long tedious waits.
Grant the playstyle more of a fight or flee situation for the klingons.
Faster and more FUN PvP since the timer isnt exact every time you cloak, could be 2 mins 2 secs or 2 mins and 58 secs.

PS: Imo, 2-3 mins stealth/batttlestealth is enough to either postion yourself or flee to a safe distance from the fight as intended. But if i really had a say, id would for for a timer between 2-3 mins for 'normal stealth' and 1-2 mins for battlestealth.

from thread: http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...38#post2006638
horribly uncanon and only provides convience for the fed Ball o' doom. Breaking News: KDF players arent here for Fed cannon fodder. We want to survivie just like you do. Both Fed Balls and Cloaks are security blanckets for their respective actions. You cant put our defining aspect on a timer no more than we could your Fed ball on a timer(its a tactic in response to your defining aspect of omni-directional beam load outs...especially against a cloaking threat) .
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 37
02-11-2010, 10:57 AM
Didnt read all the post except the first two to so. You can't get any xp or medals from being afk unless you do at least some damage to an enemy in the match at some point.

There is no way to auto level by auto joining a match and somehow keeping from being disconnected by afk timeout and get XP for days on end while afk. If there was 50% of the populace would Admiral already.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 38
02-11-2010, 11:27 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whittany
Do you honestly thing all those KDF are AFK?

Guys get real. For me I have waited in a game by myself when there were 5 feds vs lonely me. I am a Klingon and I roleplay it. I will not fly my BOP (Glass Ship) in to a hoard of galaxies. Its not happening.. I will wait for reinforcements. I am not going to be an easy kill for you..

I will wait, Plain and simple. I will wait when you decide to break up that Fed ball. as soon as I get a ship 1 on 1 I will attack.. I fly a BOP with a Science Build. So I dont have the fire power to take you all on at 1 time.. When I attack, I fight a hard as I can.. But, when all you feds decide to show up.. I will Run away.. I am not going to make it easy for you to kill me.. Thats Simple Fact..

If I wanted to end the game quick I would just Activate my self Destruct 15 times and the match will be over and I will get paid Very Good Medals for it.. But, I want to play. I want to enjoy what this game has to offer.

If you think I am griefing you because, I cloak and Hide for my best shot. Thats your option to think so.

I am going to play the Game my way. NO ONE will dictate to me how I should play.. If you dont like my Tactics you can do what so many other Klingons do when they are so Overpowered.. LEAVE!!!
That's fine, and I totally agree with you. You should use every option available to you. I sure don't uncloak when I'm outnumbered and have no chance in a 5v1...

Cept, if after a couple minutes, I do. I'm not gonna wait around for over 5 minutes for Kling reinforcements. I get it over with, for my benefit and the feds. Perhaps the queue needs to be fixed in some ways to prevent this. But then again, I'm a practical guy. I'll just hope for better results next queue.

BUUUT, I don't have the option when I'm playing my fed. Deathmatch is the lowest form of PvP really. I wish they had better gamemodes, but the other two aren't played much, and take forever. if I come into a 2v5 in my fed ship, I get destroyed by klings, who don't think waiting is worth it/honorable enough to wait.

Maybe that's the Feds lot in life. They'll never get a break. A lot of you will say "tooo bad for feds, QQ."

Well, **** you, you klingon fanboys

I play both sides a lot, and I want a good fight, no matter what I play. Maybe I'm a rare breed from you other emo-leet-egotistical pvp folks. I don't care. I'll keep advocating for fariness at all times in PvP. I spot an exploit, I point it out. I see an unfair balance either side, I point it out. It's a game, not RL warfare. Play should be made fun, not realistic, but as close as possible.

Sorry I'm done. Not often I vent and get all emo myself.

No offense to the poster I quoted. He was being realistic. But it doesn't change to fact that, after so long, cloakers need to be forced into action, or lose from it. Ya, I can leave, but what happens when it starts becoming more widespread? You won't have any opponents to fight, cause I'll be playing FvF, and the klingon side will die out, and resort to horribly boring KvK matches which take forever when both sides don't decloak.

I don't want that to happen. I love KvF on both sides of the coin.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 39
02-11-2010, 11:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by bellatormonk View Post
Didnt read all the post except the first two to so. You can't get any xp or medals from being afk unless you do at least some damage to an enemy in the match at some point.

There is no way to auto level by auto joining a match and somehow keeping from being disconnected by afk timeout and get XP for days on end while afk. If there was 50% of the populace would Admiral already.
They do, but all they do is fly in suicidally, get a few points of damage, then cloak up the rest of the game.

It's gettin to be a real problem. And detrimental to the play experience of both sides.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 40
02-11-2010, 02:08 PM
I actually find the people who suicide-charge into the enemy team over and over again without any attempt at teamwork or tactics to be more common, and more annoying, than the AFK-ers.

It's tough to work out a PvP reward system that still gives something to the players who are honestly trying AND rewards players for their performance AND does not reward players who are not making an effort.

The best I can come up with is to have some sort of "range", where a player that is (for example) vastly above the team average in deaths, or vastly below the team average in kills participated in, would get considerably reduced rewards.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 12:14 AM.