Lt. Commander
# 11
02-07-2010, 08:25 AM
/signed!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-07-2010, 12:21 PM
This must be the only game I might have to stop playing due to the pain.

Arthiritis for the sux
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-07-2010, 12:58 PM
For God sakes, make an autofire option before I have to tell my insurance company I need to make a doctors appointment because of a game.
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-07-2010, 01:15 PM
Eh, this has been talked about since CB. Its hard not to get angry and frustrated lately. This is just on the list of things that haven't been addressed properly to the community yet. Really, just someone showing up and something something other then "Works as Intended." would be swell.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-07-2010, 05:44 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Seadgir
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-08-2010, 02:22 AM
+1 vote.

I use a gamepad, so spamming fire with trigger isnt as bad as the spacebar, but arthritis is only pushed back a little farther. . .

Also, full native joystick/gamepad support would be much appreciated.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-08-2010, 03:07 AM
I feel like I'm playing Joust on the Atari mashing all these buttons.. PLEASE...PLEASE auto fire on all beam weapons on ships and one on ground weapons. Or turn it into a turn based game. Which would suck just as bad
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-10-2010, 10:13 AM
Signed.

Pleeeeease, Cryptic? Unless it is your true intention to injure your customers? (

It would be very nice to have at least a keybind option for this on beam weapons or cannon weapons on your current target. I see that as a rather balanced method of helping your players avoid injury, and not allowing the game to "play itself".

Heck, just a beam weapon option would make this wonderful, and very much ease the strain on engineers who love to space tank in the thick of a swarm of enemies. ...And help my fiance avoid repetitive movement injuries.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-10-2010, 11:19 AM
yes please. /signed
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-10-2010, 05:56 PM
//Signed//

Seriously, this is a futuristic game. Super computers that can do unimaginable number of calculations, but it still requires that Worf fires the non auto fire weapons each time its possible by hand. Now I know where Worf kept getting his butt kicked in combat, cause his thumbs were so damn sore...

Worf: Capt, the photon torpedoes are now ready. May I fire them.
Capt Picard: Yes, Mr. Worf. Open fire.
Worf: Firing!!!
** 6-8 second pause **
Capt Picard: Yes, Mr. Worf. Open fire.
Worf: Firing!!!
** 6-8 second pause **
Capt Picard: Yes, Mr. Worf. Fire the damn torpedoes and stop asking me! Set the damn things to keep firing until they surrender or blow up!
Worf: Sorry, Capt. I have to ask. I'm running the new Cryptic program of Fire Control.
Capt Picard: *mumbling under his breath* Damn Starfleet and their budget cuts again!

So seriously... No where in the middle of ST:TNG nor STS9 did I see Worf constantly having to ask permission to shot every recycle time... In fact, I recall in several episodes where they set the firing sequences to the computer's targeting and control which completely automated the system.

So what do you say Cryptic? Button mashing and killing our keyboard space bars is not a good thing. Put the functionality into the game!

You need help writing it?
How about this?

while true; do fire fore_slot 1;fire fore_slot 2;fire fore_slot 3;fire fore_slot 4;fire aft_slot 1;fire aft_slot 2;fire aft_slot 3;fire aft_slot 4; if target == dead then exit; done