Go Back   Star Trek Online > Information and Discussion > Star Trek Online General Discussion
Login

Lt. Commander
I'm kind of getting sick of trying to read about a game I am enjoying and coming to these forums reading post after outraged post, the bulk of it is fanbois of other games or most likely viral marketing

I haven't had a single issue besides the Friday server outage, and when it happened I just went and did something else....not come here and write a thousand word manifesto about my demands for the game.

I have no idea what runs through the heads of these rampaging trolls, but if they would all just go back to complaining about everything at the MMORPG forums so we can get on with a game and use these forums for PRODUCTIVE feedback that'd be great.

does the game need work? yup

are post after post of ranting slavering garbage going to achieve that? nope.

I'm sure I'm not the only subscriber that is tired of coming to these forums to read about Star Trek online info, and getting sick of sifting through this garbage.

If you hate it that much just Facking quit already

we don't care, we won't cancel our accounts, and whatever game you think is better just go over there and play it already.

Frustrated Subscriber.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 11:12 PM
You have to have a monthly subscription to post. For people that bought the game they get a free month, if they don't continue the subscription, they will no longer be able to view the forums.

Most of the people complaining have bought the game, and are not happy with it. If you don't like the posts, don't read them.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 11:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutalius
You have to have a monthly subscription to post. For people that bought the game they get a free month, if they don't continue the subscription, they will no longer be able to view the forums.

Most of the people complaining have bought the game, and are not happy with it. If you don't like the posts, don't read them.
I read that the 'discussion' forum will always be free to view and comment on even for none subscribers.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 11:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brutalius

O march 2nd will be a sweet day indeed.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 11:16 PM
But I don't have a monthly subscription. Short of expansions and MTs, Cryptic won't be getting more of my money ever again. Can I still post, please?
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2010, 11:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Startruck
I'm kind of getting sick of trying to read about a game I am enjoying and coming to these forums reading post after outraged post, the bulk of it is fanbois of other games or most likely viral marketing

I haven't had a single issue besides the Friday server outage, and when it happened I just went and did something else....not come here and write a thousand word manifesto about my demands for the game.

I have no idea what runs through the heads of these rampaging trolls, but if they would all just go back to complaining about everything at the MMORPG forums so we can get on with a game and use these forums for PRODUCTIVE feedback that'd be great.

does the game need work? yup

are post after post of ranting slavering garbage going to achieve that? nope.

I'm sure I'm not the only subscriber that is tired of coming to these forums to read about Star Trek online info, and getting sick of sifting through this garbage.

If you hate it that much just Facking quit already

we don't care, we won't cancel our accounts, and whatever game you think is better just go over there and play it already.

Frustrated Subscriber.
I feel your pain. As has been said, if the forums are paying-customer-only, then things should turn around to a degree after March 2nd, 2010. If the forums are actually open to anyone who registers, whether or not they play the game, then the stupidity will continue indefinitely.

I will never understand why people who don't even like a game will take time out of their lives to post on the game's forums regularly. There's something profoundly pathetic there ...

I mean, there are games I dislike -- guess what? I don't play them, and I certainly don't spend time on their forums bashing them. To each their own; I've got better things to do with my time and my money.

Cheers,

KOS
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2010, 11:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by CobaltBlueHero View Post
I feel your pain. As has been said, if the forums are paying-customer-only, then things should turn around to a degree after March 2nd, 2010. If the forums are actually open to anyone who registers, whether or not they play the game, then the stupidity will continue indefinitely.

I will never understand why people who don't even like a game will take time out of their lives to post on the game's forums regularly. There's something profoundly pathetic there ...

I mean, there are games I dislike -- guess what? I don't play them, and I certainly don't spend time on their forums bashing them. To each their own; I've got better things to do with my time and my money.

Cheers,

KOS
It makes some people feel superior in their own lives and of themselves and it enriches thier lives by trashing a large entity.....I stopped using voiceIP/Vent because of listening to soooo many depressed people.

As far as those who are looking forward to March 2....gonna suck when STO releases 14-day trials.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2010, 11:35 PM
I'm doing the month to month. My wife wouldn't let me spend $300 in one shot on a single game... and I dont blame her.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2010, 11:36 PM
1.) You may have no problems with the game but you are not everyone.

2.) There are a lot of crappy threads, by raging complainers and fanboys alike (suspiciously you don't call out the latter), but not every negative thread is like that and as long as people make negative threads within the rules you should deal with it.

3.) Making it so that paying customers are the only ones who can post won't stop negative posts.

Have a very nice day.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2010, 11:39 PM
I think that if your expecting a huge change after the 2nd of March your going to be very disapointed. I know everyone hates the WoW examples but ya got to go with what ya know so I apologise. But there are people who still ***** every Tuesday for normal maintenence, even though its only been just about every tuesday for the last 5 years lol.