Lt. Commander
# 11
02-07-2010, 02:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie223
Okay, sidestepping the envy, insult and bickering, the OP has presented an issue that needs addressing. If your trying to build a specific type of character, you have to make choices with points, and not cheap choices. Those choices directly involve phasers vrs other types of specialization. I had just trusted that the phaser arrays and dual phaser arrays I have been mounting on my cruiser would be available all the way through the progression : I've already put points into phaser skills and specific weapon skills with the ambition of being a phaser array heavy cruiser driver and nothing else. This needs to be addressed.
Glad i'm not the only person that noticed this... especially since there is no respec in game. You can advance yourself into a corner and it really needs to be addressed... especially considering how easy the fix is.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-07-2010, 03:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by k4el
Glad i'm not the only person that noticed this... especially since there is no respec in game. You can advance yourself into a corner and it really needs to be addressed... especially considering how easy the fix is.
It's not even that - though that certainly is a genuine problem - it's that all the reward vendors and all the crafting and heck even the BO vendors have item lists that range from "haphazard" to "complete nonsense".
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-07-2010, 03:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by squidheadjax View Post
It's not even that - though that certainly is a genuine problem - it's that all the reward vendors and all the crafting and heck even the BO vendors have item lists that range from "haphazard" to "complete nonsense".
agreed, and this is a very simple problem to solve. It should definitely be in the next patch... *cough* cryptic *cough*
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-07-2010, 06:04 AM
come on... there have got to be more people that have taken notice of this.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-08-2010, 04:29 AM
I just hit LTC 6 and i play slow go tnothing against speed levelers.

Yes i think that reward vendors should carry all 5 ranks of every weapon avalible. Its quite true that all the weapons are the same only diffrent effects. All those years as a rogue has me loving plasma weapons for the dot. I want that epic star cruiser decked out in mark 10 plasma weapons.... simply awesome.

Exploration is a good way of getting xp and a good way to equip your ship cheaply. iIF anything they sould boost the badges rewarded to match basic item cost of 77 badges.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-08-2010, 04:39 AM
I have to agree with the OP, given that we are pushed into the corner of specializing to be competetive, all of those corners need to be available to us at Admiral.

Unfortunately, I think this area of the game wasn't quite ready for release, which probably lead to the level cap being lowered to 45. Hopefully, while working on all those other neat additions to the game, they'll remember to finish polishing these areas as well.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-08-2010, 07:22 AM
Well it's Monday morning, so hopefully a dev will notice this while drinking their coffee, maybe we can get a reply.
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-08-2010, 10:09 PM
It's almost like they planned on letting everybody pick up all the skills and then at the last minute changed the system and forgot to add aditional weapons. Oh wait, that is what they did. Lol
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-08-2010, 10:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lepton View Post
Hmm, considering I have been playing since the first day of the headstart and I am only just about to reach Captain, I'd say that leveling is certainly not hard but seeking out to reach Admiral in such a short time is kind of stupid.

I am enjoying the content. Did you? Did you even read any of the mission text?

Be that as it may, if you had bothered to read my post, you'd see that 90% of it addresses many of the concerns that you expressed. You noted a lack of phaser weapons. I supported that observation.

You are the one that chose to focus on the Admiral stuff, not me.
I'm admiral for 3 days now and I only leveled through pve, I read all missions and episodes, even all the ones I did from exploration missions. Like the OP said, hitting admiral is easy. Instead of condemning him for being a better leveler then you are you should be focussing on the points he's making.

He made some valid points and I've been wondering the same where the mk x photon torpedoes are. I also would like to see them added, even though I'm using quantum right now. I might switch to photon with my other ships and more options = better.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-09-2010, 01:48 AM
It is sadly even the case with "crafting", they offer only a very limited variance of items and those even change between levels.