Go Back   Star Trek Online > Support > Gameplay Bug Reports
Login

Notices

Lt. Commander
Staring today some ODD things started happening to me. First a MK VIII polaron beam disappeared.... but I didn't realize just how until something like it but more MAJOR happened..

Here is what has happened THREE times to me today.

I will change my ships config (weapons, etc).. and put them in inventory... then some inventory onto the ship... after a few missions (about 1 hr).. MY SHIP REVERTS BACK TO THE ORIGINAL config! but my inventory does not!

Result:

ALL items that I had pulled off my ship are BOTH on the ship and in inventory (DUPED). All items I had moved from my inventory to my ship, LOST

I've petitioned in game, but no GM will see it for 2-4 days.

This is a really, SERIOUS issue that either your database has problems and is rolling parts of people back and not others

-OR-

something is very wrong with my character in the database

like I said this has happened three times now...

If I wished, all I would have to do is STRIP my ship... fly around for a few hrs until it RESETS , and I will have an ENTIRE duped set of equipment in inventory as my ship keeps resetting but my inventory does not.

I'm not going to do this.. I have no desire to repeat this over and over.... but as I advance.... I DO want to put new things on my ship or change things up and not lose things... yea getting some dupes can be cool, but NOT when u lose some good item(s)
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 08:22 PM
Same Issue..

Hit commander and spent 1 1/2 fiddling with gear and BOs...redid power tray.....and qued for PVP.

ON entering the map my power tray had reverted (IE it rolled back) to what it had been when i first got my new ship... k... we al know the powertray is sketchy...

Go into battke and fire... Beams start shooing out of my ship. But i had all cannons... no beams... Open my ship wimdow and my weapons had rolled back an hour too. Not only that but the great cannon i had aquired had just vanished
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 08:30 PM
Not sure if this counts, but my bridge officer skill points are borked. It says I spent 4700 on one officer, but that officer only has a single level 1 skill to 9, which should be like 400 points. It seems to be counts the points as spent, even though it didn't register my skill ups.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 08:37 PM
And it just happened again... i tested it with the same ground mission.. stripped my ship BARE.... came back... and poof inventory was FULL of everything I took off my ship and my ship was back to what it was right b4 the mission.

Sad thing is , it will take a GM DAYS to respond to this.

I've copied my original post and directly PMed it to as many DEVs on the forums I could find.

I only hope one of them takes notice
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 08:50 PM
I have 2 of the "del taco" shuttles now as a result of this...
and suddenly when i cleared out my inventory (moved items into my bank)

most of the "lost" items from earlier showed up!
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2010, 09:15 PM
This "bug" has me nervous.. so I stripped my ship and inventory of anything that's GOOD and shoved it in my bank.... Im a Capt9 with a cruiser.. and I can get by very well with 7 beams and 3 eps power xfers to keep up weapon power until they solve this

Until they do... I'm not putting ANYTHING good on my ship.. it's all going into my bank
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-06-2010, 10:17 PM
Happend to me but at a lower level.
Only lost 2 uncommon Mk II personal shields.

I think it happens when there is really bad lag.
Memory Alpha: moving item from inventory to Officers shield slots took 30 seconds
Next day their gone. Or maybe sooner but i just didnt realise it.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-06-2010, 11:22 PM
Well something similar happened to me. I was reequipping my ship with new gear and then suddenly the items started vanishing. Now the funny thing is that after a minute or so, they started reappearing on my ships equipment slots only on the wrong places....

Suddenly I had somehow equipped a Dual Heavy Disruptor Cannon on my Impulse slot... talk about an alternative propulsion system :p

Now I was in Earth Spacedock when this happened so i figured, hey would be fun to see if my game crashes when i try to fly with Disruptors as engines, so i beamed to my ship.... The load screen lasted around 6-8 minutes before i was transferred into space. All items and equipment had now been placed in their correct slots and all items that were disappeared had returned.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-06-2010, 11:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ripshredder View Post
Suddenly I had somehow equipped a Dual Heavy Disruptor Cannon on my Impulse slot... talk about an alternative propulsion system :p
Would have been hilarious to see how that would have went down ... lol
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-06-2010, 11:52 PM
bump