Lt. Commander
# 21
02-08-2010, 01:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnny-Peregrine
Thanks for the replies, everyone. Right now I am just closing in on Lt. Cmdr. so I haven't had experience beyond the first class of ships. Thanks for posting your replies, I am learning and hop to keep learning!
Wait till you go head to head against a Romulan formation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsvaox
Sadly the "Dog fighting" experience in STO is rather tame due to the limited 45 degree pitch angles.
Sad but very true and disappointing.
Lt. Commander
# 22
02-08-2010, 01:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by RalOberon View Post
That being said doesn't a cruiser do "way" more damage? I'm thinking a cruiser would one-shot a bird of prey, no? I'm aiming for Lt. C tonight so I'm still in my Miranda class starter.
Mmmm not really. But its close. If you are going head on towards it a few canon shots and their shields are down, and that one good quantum torp shot or a couple traditional torp shots and yah...they are having a very bad day.
Lt. Commander
# 23
02-08-2010, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ceilican View Post
Wait till you go head to head against a Romulan formation.

Sad but very true and disappointing.

Oh dear god. I think I lasted longer against the Crystalline Entity. I rammed the sucker and just went right through. The Romulans just pointed, laughed, and shot me down. Sort of like my last date come to think of it. that ***** was a Romulan!!
Lt. Commander
# 24
02-08-2010, 01:46 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kellic View Post
Oh dear god. I think I lasted longer against the Crystalline Entity. I rammed the sucker and just went right through. The Romulans just pointed, laughed, and shot me down. Sort of like my last date come to think of it. that ***** was a Romulan!!
They can be beaten, just takes a little team work especially against a Scimitar or a higher level ship.