Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
The Carriers.....really Cryptic? Impossible to even try to target them. A swarm of fighters, BoPs every where, not to mention they use as many mines as they can fit on the tail end of their ship to compound the issue. Your not fighting 5v5, your fighting 5v50+ if there are 2 or more carriers in the group. The targeting system is terrible and there is no way to target just the actual klingons. You can not tab onto them, you cannot click them its just impossible. Not to mention that Spawning fighters, AND BoPs is like getting two FREE SKILLS just for using that ship.

It is basically a "I WIN" button. What will the Klingons do when nobody PvPs at tier 5 because they don't want to deal with having to sift through 30 junk targets to shoot the actual player??

In tier 5 Craptic dropped the ball off a cliff. Unless we (feds) get a counter of some sort like our own carrier the end game PvP will die a horrible death. Not that it had much going for it to begin with.

And before you give the usual response of "QQ more" or the more intelligent discussion of the type of foot wear my mother fancies. What would you do if WE were the ones with this retarded ship that spews forth tons of shuttle craft that serve no purpose other than to make it hard for you to target us?

What is the federations counter shop to this Cryptic?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 11:59 PM
You are one fussy guy, you know that?

What I am reading here is "I have to actually select the target before firing!"

I don't know that I am filled with sympathy here. The little 2 dps fighters are certainly not going to swing the tide of battle.
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 12:07 AM
use scramble sensors on them

then all those fighters and BoPs attack the carrier
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 12:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Bloodgood View Post
The typical Fedball is spamming a lot of mines, same problem here, I mean are you seriously saying a Carrier is overpowerd because 'it's hard to target' through all the battle debris ?
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 12:09 AM
/sarcasm

If the situation was reversed obviously Klingons would still win because we're so OP.

/sarcasmoff
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2010, 12:10 AM
I've not even tried, but is there a way to create macros in this game? Having a few "/Target X" macros would help the targeting issue a lot. It'd be nice if Tab would favor targeting players, and only target other things if no players were within 10km, but I don't think it's a "necessary" change to make.

I'm not in T5 yet myself, so I can't say whether or not I think the carrier is balanced overall. But, I suspect targeting issues caused by fighters is more of an annoyance than a game breaker.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2010, 12:14 AM
There's already a way to tell tab to not target deployables. The OP is just terribad.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2010, 12:38 AM
Here's a fix, why don't they just make the carrier the largest ship in the game?
Lt. Commander
# 9 Caution Whine ALERT!
02-07-2010, 12:39 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Bloodgood View Post
The Carriers.....really Cryptic? Impossible to even try to target them. A swarm of fighters, BoPs every where, not to mention they use as many mines as they can fit on the tail end of their ship to compound the issue. Your not fighting 5v5, your fighting 5v50+ if there are 2 or more carriers in the group. The targeting system is terrible and there is no way to target just the actual klingons. You can not tab onto them, you cannot click them its just impossible. Not to mention that Spawning fighters, AND BoPs is like getting two FREE SKILLS just for using that ship.

It is basically a "I WIN" button. What will the Klingons do when nobody PvPs at tier 5 because they don't want to deal with having to sift through 30 junk targets to shoot the actual player??

In tier 5 Craptic dropped the ball off a cliff. Unless we (feds) get a counter of some sort like our own carrier the end game PvP will die a horrible death. Not that it had much going for it to begin with.

And before you give the usual response of "QQ more" or the more intelligent discussion of the type of foot wear my mother fancies. What would you do if WE were the ones with this retarded ship that spews forth tons of shuttle craft that serve no purpose other than to make it hard for you to target us?

This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-07-2010, 12:41 AM
Quote:
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines ~Dionaea
Yes because "chicken little" is horribly offensive, and out of line when 10 other people say the same thing.

So, which fed poster are you? =)