Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
02-07-2010, 04:12 AM
Quick question, if you use scramble sensors, would science team stopit? Atleast on yourself, so you still have your BoP's and mines coming for you?
Lt. Commander
# 32
02-07-2010, 04:36 AM
Judge you have a history of crying wolf on most occassions without researching properly. Bad troll.
Lt. Commander
# 33
02-07-2010, 05:14 AM
Well, the one or two times I saw the carrier in action it had every fighter type out at once, which I dont think is actually how theyre supposed to work (2 bays, each can get one kind of fighter). I can see an issue with that, but like everyone said... scramble sensors would make that actually worse for the carrier.

And the ship is big enough, even with the mines, I could probably have clicked it easy. MES'd carrier on the other hand... uhhhhh >_>

edit:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spooj View Post
Quick question, if you use scramble sensors, would science team stopit? Atleast on yourself, so you still have your BoP's and mines coming for you?
Yes, but sometimes it isnt reliable and can take a few seconds. Generally thats enough time for the entire minefield to hit them, however... you are also debuffing the fighters and mines as well since scramble is AoE. So it may hit them regardless.
Lt. Commander
# 34
02-07-2010, 05:24 AM
I've got to side with the Klingons on this one.

I have a photonic fleet that I can summon and trust me they are more annoyance than dps. They are there to distract the fools that mindlessly tab to the next target and start firing. I'm pretty sure that the Klingon fighters are pretty much the same way.

There are other issues that give Klingons the edge in PvP right now, but railing against things that are minor issues like this does not help balance things out.
Lt. Commander
# 35
02-07-2010, 05:30 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nybris
I've got to side with the Klingons on this one.

I have a photonic fleet that I can summon and trust me they are more annoyance than dps. They are there to distract the fools that mindlessly tab to the next target and start firing. I'm pretty sure that the Klingon fighters are pretty much the same way.

There are other issues that give Klingons the edge in PvP right now, but railing against things that are minor issues like this does not help balance things out.
Did they nerf those? I used to get 9k topedo crits from that fleet during CB. O.o

One exploding ship knocks them all out, and they have a 4-5m cooldown, so it was more for show than anything.
Lt. Commander
# 36
02-07-2010, 05:42 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Bloodgood View Post
The Carriers.....really Cryptic? Impossible to even try to target them. A swarm of fighters, BoPs every where, not to mention they use as many mines as they can fit on the tail end of their ship to compound the issue. Your not fighting 5v5, your fighting 5v50+ if there are 2 or more carriers in the group. The targeting system is terrible and there is no way to target just the actual klingons. You can not tab onto them, you cannot click them its just impossible. Not to mention that Spawning fighters, AND BoPs is like getting two FREE SKILLS just for using that ship.

It is basically a "I WIN" button. What will the Klingons do when nobody PvPs at tier 5 because they don't want to deal with having to sift through 30 junk targets to shoot the actual player??

In tier 5 Craptic dropped the ball off a cliff. Unless we (feds) get a counter of some sort like our own carrier the end game PvP will die a horrible death. Not that it had much going for it to begin with.

And before you give the usual response of "QQ more" or the more intelligent discussion of the type of foot wear my mother fancies. What would you do if WE were the ones with this retarded ship that spews forth tons of shuttle craft that serve no purpose other than to make it hard for you to target us?

What is the federations counter shop to this Cryptic?
Been there, done that, since closed beta. Feds and their ball of phaser fire was the culprit. We whined a bit, then adapted and overcame. I know you can do it, guy, so stop looking for answers with your 'mouth' and use that brain of yours for a solution ingame. You'll find one. All that's needed is refocusing all that energy into a more positive direction. Otherwise, you might be better off finding something else to ... enjoy?
Lt. Commander
# 37
02-07-2010, 06:10 AM
fire at will
torpedos: spread
cannon: spread
mine dispersal beta

eject warp plasma

tractor beam repulsors
scramble sensors/jam targeting sensors
tyken's rift
gravity well
feedback pulse
photonic shockwave
Lt. Commander
# 38
02-07-2010, 06:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Bloodgood View Post
The Carriers.....really Cryptic? Impossible to even try to target them. A swarm of fighters, BoPs every where, not to mention they use as many mines as they can fit on the tail end of their ship to compound the issue. Your not fighting 5v5, your fighting 5v50+ if there are 2 or more carriers in the group. The targeting system is terrible and there is no way to target just the actual klingons. You can not tab onto them, you cannot click them its just impossible. Not to mention that Spawning fighters, AND BoPs is like getting two FREE SKILLS just for using that ship.

It is basically a "I WIN" button. What will the Klingons do when nobody PvPs at tier 5 because they don't want to deal with having to sift through 30 junk targets to shoot the actual player??

In tier 5 Craptic dropped the ball off a cliff. Unless we (feds) get a counter of some sort like our own carrier the end game PvP will die a horrible death. Not that it had much going for it to begin with.

And before you give the usual response of "QQ more" or the more intelligent discussion of the type of foot wear my mother fancies. What would you do if WE were the ones with this retarded ship that spews forth tons of shuttle craft that serve no purpose other than to make it hard for you to target us?

What is the federations counter shop to this Cryptic?
Then we shall invent the most awsome point defense beam weapon technology ever created. Fully automated high power point defense weaponry to shoot down fighters and incoming projectiles while you focus on your enemy and not his AI fighter swarms More filters to hide fighters and spam with the option of a 1 button fighter overlay command to see all tactical information at the press of a button. The Federation will not be beaten by a bunch of savage Klingons with a few pathetic Carriers!
Lt. Commander
# 39
02-07-2010, 06:33 AM
I have no problem jumping on klink posts that whine to much but man this OP is embarrassing as a fed. First of all, Klinks have had to deal with this since T1 and two, there are like a ton of ways to counter it (as mentioned a number of times). My favorites are scramble and Tyken's Rift.

Glad to see klink carriers popping up. It might be worth restarting PvP just to see em in action ... nah, still waiting for FvF. Had all the FvK stupidity I wanted in beta. :p
Lt. Commander
# 40
02-07-2010, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by KilgoreLongstrider
use scramble sensors on them

then all those fighters and BoPs attack the carrier
+1 to this, sounds like a good idea.

Also if this bugs you so much, FvF is coming.