Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 41
02-07-2010, 10:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by PotatoOverdose View Post
+1 to this, sounds like a good idea.

Also if this bugs you so much, FvF is coming.
I can't wait to here him cry then it will be epic..
Lt. Commander
# 42
02-07-2010, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Bloodgood View Post
The Carriers.....really Cryptic? Impossible to even try to target them.
If I were a T5 Fed facing this, I'd try to break away from the "FedBall" strategy. If you're all together then you're all facing the same problem: hordes of junk coming, mines in the distance and a carrier somewhere in the middle that none of you can target.

If you split up a bit then while the carriers are sending junk towards FedBall A, FedBall B should be able to get a clear line of sight and attack. FedBall A should then be able to assist FedBall B and join the attack.
Lt. Commander
# 43
02-07-2010, 10:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barbarella
hmm no point making any comments about klingons here- you will jsut get flamed- take a look at the queue's allready for pvp on prime times- feds have to wait ages for a battle as they all dont join anymore cause of the massive inbalance.

Perhaps one day cryptic will notice how fail pvp is and do somethign about it. but rihgt now all thats going for klingons is pvp. no idea what thier queue time is but i can only imagine it gettign worse and worse for them as more and more feds stop pvping due to the issues.
Our queues are about 30 seconds , longest ive waited is a minute. the player ratio is around 30 fed players to 1 klingon so there's always games opening for us. As to the OP try /target "name" , its what i use when the fedball lays dozens of mines.
Lt. Commander
# 44
02-07-2010, 10:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz
If I were a T5 Fed facing this, I'd try to break away from the "FedBall" strategy. If you're all together then you're all facing the same problem: hordes of junk coming, mines in the distance and a carrier somewhere in the middle that none of you can target.

If you split up a bit then while the carriers are sending junk towards FedBall A, FedBall B should be able to get a clear line of sight and attack. FedBall A should then be able to assist FedBall B and join the attack.
tbh, theres really no reason to call it a fedball past tier 3, its just grouping at that point. the purpose of fedball was to focus enough fire to instagib anything in a few seconds and at tier 4 if you cant do that against a target solo somethings wrong. Besides, at tier 3 both sides should be grouping (unless its objective based, but thats besides the arguement)
Lt. Commander
# 45
02-07-2010, 10:36 AM
What gets me is that Feds and Klingons have access to the same skills, and so any tactic that one can use, another can counter, they just need to think. Yes we have a cloak, however we pay for that with less shields and hull, as well as a 5 second gap where we can be hit after cloaking. Feds complain about cloak being OP and yet they never LOOK for cloaked ships, they just sit there giving abuse in Zone. There are so many skills that can be accessed for hunting cloaked ships, but 'coz they dont want to look for them, and use Hunter builds, they say its OP.

Now the Original Poster is just being stupid, Fedball mine spam is something we have had to deal with since the first day of Open Beta, now hes experiencing being on the recieving end and thinks its unfair? Honestly half of these nerf/OP threads, just need to be locked and deleted, its like listening to that same grainy sounding recording over and over again... Its killed these forums, even the Devs avoid them coz of the sheer spam of cr*p and QQ.

I wont say that the game is balanced, its not, and there are flaws, but having Fed players in Zone chat tell me id be nothing without my cannons and that I should learn to play after my team just rolled them through pure teamwork... it gets old, They want cannons nerfed, which lets face it, you need to be in under 5km to get full dmg potential, but if your closer than 3km its almost impossible to keep a meandering target in your cone of fire.

Im getting sick and tired of the meaningless PvP, the QQ about how the unfinished faction shouldnt beat the feds and how cloak should be taken out of the game. The whole lot is getting ridiculus, and the sad part is, come the next big patch, id place money on Klingons getting more nerfs just so Cryptic may keep the majority happy.
Lt. Commander
# 46
02-07-2010, 10:40 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragnek View Post
What gets me is that Feds and Klingons have access to the same skills, and so any tactic that one can use, another can counter, they just need to think. Yes we have a cloak, however we pay for that with less shields and hull, as well as a 5 second gap where we can be hit after cloaking. Feds complain about cloak being OP and yet they never LOOK for cloaked ships, they just sit there giving abuse in Zone. There are so many skills that can be accessed for hunting cloaked ships, but 'coz they dont want to look for them, and use Hunter builds, they say its OP.

Now the Original Poster is just being stupid, Fedball mine spam is something we have had to deal with since the first day of Open Beta, now hes experiencing being on the recieving end and thinks its unfair? Honestly half of these nerf/OP threads, just need to be locked and deleted, its like listening to that same grainy sounding recording over and over again... Its killed these forums, even the Devs avoid them coz of the sheer spam of cr*p and QQ.

I wont say that the game is balanced, its not, and there are flaws, but having Fed players in Zone chat tell me id be nothing without my cannons and that I should learn to play after my team just rolled them through pure teamwork... it gets old, They want cannons nerfed, which lets face it, you need to be in under 5km to get full dmg potential, but if your closer than 3km its almost impossible to keep a meandering target in your cone of fire.

Im getting sick and tired of the meaningless PvP, the QQ about how the unfinished faction shouldnt beat the feds and how cloak should be taken out of the game. The whole lot is getting ridiculus, and the sad part is, come the next big patch, id place money on Klingons getting more nerfs just so Cryptic may keep the majority happy.
If I recall right (I think i was in that game) that was a KLINK calling you a bad player, not a fed like you accused.
Lt. Commander
# 47
02-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by pikapuff View Post
fire at will
torpedos: spread
cannon: spread
mine dispersal beta

eject warp plasma

tractor beam repulsors
scramble sensors/jam targeting sensors
tyken's rift
gravity well
feedback pulse
photonic shockwave
Bah, these folks aren't going to learn how to think for themselves if ya just give them the answers.
Lt. Commander
# 48
02-07-2010, 10:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slamz

The rolls have been reversed now. It is the Klingon Ball. Carriers spew fighters and they (the klingons) All sit in among them waiting for the feds to attack. Of course the obvious reaction should be to let the klingons come to you but of course the feds just fly right into the mess trying to do what I do not know.
Lt. Commander
# 49
02-07-2010, 10:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge_Bloodgood View Post
The rolls have been reversed now. It is the Klingon Ball. Carriers spew fighters and they (the klingons) All sit in among them waiting for the feds to attack. Of course the obvious reaction should be to let the klingons come to you but of course the feds just fly right into the mess trying to do what I do not know.
I haven't actually seen it so i'm gonna shy away from this topic, but judge_bloodgood said what my friends are saying, its a klinkball of doom. and with that I'm out
Lt. Commander
# 50
02-07-2010, 11:09 AM
Federation needs its own Carrier.

i think this would balance things out. Just like Klingons needed a Cruiser for Tier 2.