Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 1 Problems with PvP Balance
02-07-2010, 02:09 AM
Everyone knows theres a huge problem with balancing in PvP. This doesn't even improve as the tiers go on and you reach higher populated areas. Its just a 5v1, 8v2 or a 6v3 scenario all the time. Its absolutely crap. Theres no other way to say.

The game needs some serious fixing in terms of the queue system and how it invites people but another huge problem are people who leave during PvP.

Now I know you cant force people to stay during that PvP session but a debuff to prevent them from PvP'ing for 30 mins should stop them. I know 30 mins is a long time but if someone is leaving PvP scenarios all the time just because they are losing, have a smaller team or they are just trying to grief then they deserve to just sit out. Letting people carry on is what makes the inbalance even worse.

Also it would probably be a good idea to have a 1minute grace period before each pvp scenario starts. People can join during that period but noone can move until that 1 min is up. This would prevent the first 60 seconds being a 8v1 contest where the enemy just farms the 1 guy into leaving, thus inbalancing again.

Edit: Oh and while you are at it an auto-group system should be implemented. I hate having to find teammates just to invite them into a team.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 2
02-07-2010, 02:21 AM
If I understand you, you're complaining that matches often start unbalanced - which screws the match up.

Or worse, people quit leaving you short. I am not sure why they do that.

I think if you quit a match you need to get a 'cowardice' debuff that stays on you for a while which prevents you from entering another match.

also matches need to not start until everyone is in
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 3
02-07-2010, 02:24 AM
I think we all just need to realize this is just a game, and none of this really is a big deal. Sometimes you will enter a zone and be zerged, and other times you're the one zerging someone else. That in itself is balance. I've entered zones when I was all by myself. I once even entered a ground zone where somehow they put me on a wierd 3rd faction where both sides could, and did kill me. Go figure. Life ain't fair, and neither are silly video games. Just deal with it like this, and soon you'll just look back at this thread and laugh.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 4
02-07-2010, 02:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaktak
I think we all just need to realize this is just a game, and none of this really is a big deal. Sometimes you will enter a zone and be zerged, and other times you're the one zerging someone else. That in itself is balance. I've entered zones when I was all by myself. I once even entered a ground zone where somehow they put me on a wierd 3rd faction where both sides could, and did kill me. Go figure. Life ain't fair, and neither are silly video games. Just deal with it like this, and soon you'll just look back at this thread and laugh.

That is insane logic and I can only see you supporting it because as a Klingon player you benefit from it so damn much. Why else would anyone support uneven matches...?

As for the OP, you are dead on. This 5 on 1 BS needs to stop ASAP.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 5
02-07-2010, 02:38 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIMystIII View Post
That is insane logic and I can only see you supporting it because as a Klingon player you benefit from it so damn much. Why else would anyone support uneven matches...?

As for the OP, you are dead on. This 5 on 1 BS needs to stop ASAP.
The uneven ques kiddo happens to both sides, I know, because it happens to me as well. Read my post a little less jaded and you'll maybe catch the actual drift of what I wrote. When I said I was all alone, I meant I was all alone on my side, with a slew of Feddies all drooling to kill me. What did I do? I warped in screaming like a berzerker viking on my way to Valhalla! What did I do afterwards? I can assure you it wasn't running to the forums screaming because I had an unfair fight. It's only unfair when it only happenes to one side or the other. This que BS happens to both sides.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 6
02-07-2010, 03:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaktak
The uneven ques kiddo happens to both sides, I know, because it happens to me as well. Read my post a little less jaded and you'll maybe catch the actual drift of what I wrote. When I said I was all alone, I meant I was all alone on my side, with a slew of Feddies all drooling to kill me. What did I do? I warped in screaming like a berzerker viking on my way to Valhalla! What did I do afterwards? I can assure you it wasn't running to the forums screaming because I had an unfair fight. It's only unfair when it only happenes to one side or the other. This que BS happens to both sides.
1) If you are going to be arrogant enough to call someone "kiddo" when you know nothing about them, try to at least learn how to spell basic words like "queues". It looks downright silly otherwise...


2) Even if that was true, which seems unlikely, the smart thing would be to actually support them fixing the queues because if it WAS effecting both sides equally, the fix would also benefit both sides. Again though, considering every PvP match but one* I tried tonight in ground or space was a 10 vs. 3 Klingon shooting spree, I have to doubt these "But it effects us equally!" claims.




* - And the one match that was even turned in to a "Let's all turn on our cloaks and turn the game in to a 30 min stalemate!" the moment the Feds started to win. Go figure.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 7
02-07-2010, 03:06 AM
Nnnot quite. Im sorry but are you defending the lack of team balancing?

I dont quite understand what you are saying.

The numbers need to be even. Simple as that. ANY PvP game will tell you that. I shouldn't have to expect to log on and be put against impossible odds to progress.

And yes it is but a game but it is also a serious issue. Why should I waste my time joining PvP scenarios when I cannot complete them and therefore cannot complete the relevant quests. Thus stopping me from advancing.

Given an even playground I cannot complain but as it stands its annoying. Even when my team is the superior in numbers I find it crap. In fact most of the time I just resign myself to not attacking the player and trying to find bugs in the map.

Sorry if your 'screaming like a viking going to valhalla' is meant to be something cool that we all do but I really dont see it as being beneficial. Id rather be sreaming like a viking going to valhalla if i knew there was a slight possability that I may pull off a win somehow.

I fought a battle this morning and I had 2 v myself. This wasnt a problem and I started to fight them and an ally joined. 2v2 Great! Then he dies once and leaves. I fight on a bit more and another ally joins. He dies once and leaves.

I mean seriously? In the end after trying to find a decent pvp match for 30+ minutes I resigned to logging off and going on another game altogether.

Its a serious issue that needs to be sorted out and you can scream like a viking all you like but it doesnt make it any fairer or will it change the mass opinion that PvP is broken and needs to be fixed.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 8
02-07-2010, 04:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIIMystIII View Post
1) If you are going to be arrogant enough to call someone "kiddo" when you know nothing about them, try to at least learn how to spell basic words like "queues". It looks downright silly otherwise...

2) Even if that was true, which seems unlikely, the smart thing would be to actually support them fixing the queues because if it WAS effecting both sides equally, the fix would also benefit both sides. Again though, considering every PvP match but one* I tried tonight in ground or space was a 10 vs. 3 Klingon shooting spree, I have to doubt these "But it effects us equally!" claims.

* - And the one match that was even turned in to a "Let's all turn on our cloaks and turn the game in to a 30 min stalemate!" the moment the Feds started to win. Go figure.
You are wrong. But I can see now you're not worth arguing with.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 9
02-07-2010, 04:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Meat_Machine
If I understand you, you're complaining that matches often start unbalanced - which screws the match up.

Or worse, people quit leaving you short. I am not sure why they do that.

I think if you quit a match you need to get a 'cowardice' debuff that stays on you for a while which prevents you from entering another match.

also matches need to not start until everyone is in
the coward i agree with. The start is a problem what they need to do is remove people from ques once they enter a battle. What happens alot is the que mech sees player A in it que and starts the match when it sends out the invite. problem A is in battle in another pvp fight. The timer runs for a 1minute then moves to player b and so forth. so it never fills up
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 10
02-07-2010, 04:34 AM
I've often been 1v5 in the ground combat to start, but later more klingons appear and it evens up, but it always gives the other team a headstart. Whilst I think the idea of having even teams has merit and often think that perhaps the timer before starting to allow team mates to arrive is good, in the current game, as a klingon I have to pvp to level, so I would rather get annihalated and level up than have to sit arround waiting for enough feds to have enough of their quests to come and play.

having said that, i know it's not much fun when you get massacred on the pvp arena, but it happens to both sides, if you play federation and only get beaten then you must have some bad luck with teams, I can say this because often federation teams have wiped the floor with the klingon teams I am in, some times it is crazy even and i've been in both winning and losing games where it's 39v40.

I keep reading nerf this over powered that, and I don't want to go on the learn to play boat, but perhaps a play more boat and you'll see that the dynamic of the game changes with the team mates you get and the team players opposing you.

Having said all that, I still think there are some things to be ironed out, but they are things that effect both sides - like expose/hold etc.

[edit: sorry, I did read your posts but read other threads before hand, you were talking just about even numbers and auto-grouping, both good ideas. ]
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 07:14 PM.