Lt. Commander
# 1 Healing build ?
02-07-2010, 02:21 AM
Whats the best way to go about been a healer in STO ?

I know that science is probably the best for healer on the ground, but is that the same for healing or fixing ships whilst in combat to ?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 02:34 AM
Yes, Science Vessels have the most Science BOffs and have the most ability to heal.

I'm not sure what Science Officers get as far as abilities in space but I do know ships. I would assume that it works the same as Engineers and Tactical Officers (Defensive and Offensive respectively).
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 02:41 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tum View Post

I know that science is probably the best for healer on the ground, but is that the same for healing or fixing ships whilst in combat to ?
You might want to do a forum title search on the word "Leeching". There was a rant about people soaking up the sector victories and not helping, and a few dedicated healers in science vessals chimed in about the behavior of healing speced Science vessels. I have seen science vessels behaving that way a 'few' times myself: not doing a lot of firing, casting some HOT when lead ships agro a pack. They reported problems that auto heals sometimes targeted mines in error of teamamtes.

You might get a name from that thread for a PM.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 02:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tum View Post

Either Science Vessel or Cruiser works.

The heal type powers tend to be Science or Engineering and those two ship types have the most of the appropriate powers.