Lt. Commander
Hi All

Each day i log into these forums so see if i get any messages about items bought through the exchange. but i am getting an increasing amount of spam mail about star trek gold and what have you.

I think that cryptic should be addressing this as its not good for the game if players can cheat and purchase things outside the game from third parties.

Most players i assuming would rather work hard to reach the "End Game" instead of purchasing their way to Admiral.

Am i right?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 03:10 AM
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 03:19 AM

This lets only people on your friends list or in your fleet or team send you mail. I used to receive several spam mails day and now I haven't recieved one in the 4 days after I've used that command.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 03:51 AM
Hopefully that command wasn't one of the unlisted ones that was removed from the game via today's patch... unless that was found in the manual somewhere? *scratches head*
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 03:56 AM
Quite frankly, I don't really think there's going to be much profit in STO for currency sellers. For starters, I've found it to be extremely easy to gain energy credits (ECs). I also don't spend them on a whole lot. As a Lt Cdr 9, I have somewhere close to 50k ECs. I have no intention (currently) of spending a single one on any gear/BOffs/etc on the Exchange. I just don't see the point. To be clear, I'm not saying no one should spend money on the exchange, just that I personally don't see the point.