Lt. Commander
# 11
02-08-2010, 09:15 AM
i think the main problem on the FED side for doing this is that insdie an instance whichever side completes first casues the instance to reset and the other side loses all their progress. I play klingon I know that i can complete the borg hunt faster all thingsd beign equal than a fed can. Thus the fed will never complete it if a klingon is there and they start out at the same time.

Theri concern is the repairs that are bent cylinders attached to cubes. Klingons need to kil 4 of them to finish the secodn part of the mission if a fed kills one it helps the klingons complete faster if we are on that part of the mission thus reseting the instance
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-08-2010, 10:25 AM
Delete. wrong post
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-08-2010, 10:29 AM
I think the simple fix is to make the repair hubs non targatable for Federation players
Lt. Commander
# 14
02-08-2010, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
Gameplay Bugs ^^^^ that a' way :-)
for the love of god please just confirm the bug and stop the fairy stories floating around these threads!
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-08-2010, 07:46 PM
It dosn't matter how hard we try to do is the right way, there are always federation players who INTENTIONALLY screw it up and laugh while they do it. These people are griefers, and we should be able to report them. But hey, having had a GM tick in the que for over 7 days now, i suppose it would take a few weeks for anyone to do something about our report anyway right?
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-08-2010, 07:56 PM
Quote:
for the love of god please just confirm the bug and stop the fairy stories floating around these threads!
Not my dept, I wouldn't know how to test this even if I had the time. I make the codes go, not design things.
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-09-2010, 12:49 AM
took it at least 2 times.

Hasnt count yet as finished ...
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-09-2010, 02:13 AM
Apparently there is a difference between Hulk and Hub, not been back to look, but one is a Fed objective the other is Kling, and the feds are shooting the wrong ones.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-09-2010, 02:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by coderanger
Not my dept, I wouldn't know how to test this even if I had the time. I make the codes go, not design things.
High level player in low level zone - Ticket #634660

Hi, there is a high level klingon player Kompass Roze@Compass in the 'Borg Hunt' instance (Ker'rat system, Donatu Sector, Eta Eridani Sector Block) that is displaying as friendly to me and other federation players yet attacking and killing everyone very fast. He is unable to be targeted or shot at in any way. He is +25 levels from me (I am lieutenant 9) and kills everyone pretty much instantly too (everyone else is around my level), I am not sure that he should have even been able to get into this zone (is it normal that high level players can join low level zones and just kill everyone pretty much instantly like this? It seems a little odd, discounting the even weirder displaying as a friendly ship)?

Thanks for any information, It seems to me like he is deliberately bug abusing. Also, I would love for your reply to include any information about the fixing of this instance since it seems to have been broken since beta, and it's the first introduction to PVP zones for most players as you get given the mission to go there ("Salvaged Relationships") in 'deep space K7 station' after having been told to go there by one of the main contacts (quinn or sulu I think it was) and talk with Commander Wildman, who then gives the mission to talk to 3 battle officers which only sets 2 to talk to for some reason (missing santiago, even though she says in the text to talk to santiago) and then Commander Makzo is the one that gives you this mission (Salvaged Relationships/Borg Hunt)... Ticket 631966 seems to confirm what other players have said that it has always been broken since the test version of the game (and it seems Cryptic released the game knowing it was broken but not bothering to fix it first, from reading that ticket I found via search...)

The episode seems to be very buggy on the whole like it was thrown in as an after thought and not tested at all, even the listing in the episode log is buggy and displays it as "No Location" category, it says the system is Kerrat instead of Ker'rat, and the "Salvaged Relationships" title sounds like it's meant for a completely different mission from what it is (Borg Hunt). It also says "Enter any War Zone by travelling to Kerrat [sic] in the Donatu Sector" but Ker'rat is the ONLY war zone not a place where you can visit others, and the others in the sector are different types of pvp zones.

[7:09] [Zone #60] Merchant@Lerone: why is a klingon appearing as a friend? He can kill me, but I can't shoot back
[7:09] [Zone #6] Ramaj@Ramaj: so salvaged relationships is a quest I should drop right? I mean I know I can't complete it so are they gonna fix it anytime soon? I hate having quests I can't finish in my log.
[7:11] [Zone #4] Bora@Bora85: its buggy as hell
[7:12] [Zone #6] Ramaj@Ramaj: it says fight in a war zone, but ker'rat is the only war zone I have found and it's bugged so you can't actually get credit for finishing it
[7:12] [Zone #2] Merchant@Lerone: Also, you can't shoot back at the Klingons!
[7:13] [Zone #2] Merchant@Lerone: but they can kill you
[7:13] [Zone #6] Ramaj@Ramaj: it's really wasted space on my screen unless they plan on fixing it anytime soon.
[7:13] [Zone #4] Bora@Bora85: its buggy since i can remember
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-09-2010, 03:35 AM
yeah its still borked.

you cannot complete the mission to take part in a war.

Similarly, the 'repair hulks' dont seem to exist.

I think theres an error in there somewhere. Perhaps it needs rescripting again? maybe we attack the repair HUBS instead, but 'clearing' it just resets and nobody gets completion.