Lt. Commander
Are there any advantages to going with a green or blue quality Boff over the common quality Boff's you buy from the vendor?
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 04:12 AM
They come with a rare skill or two, which you cannot buy from the trainer at Earth Spacedock. If you need them or not, well that depends on you
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 04:14 AM
They can have rare traits and better abilities. Any rare trait will be prefixed with "Superior" from what I've seen. The better abilities are the rank III versions of abilities that you can't get from the boff trainer.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 04:16 AM
Also seems to be their gender as well. I'm pretty sure Klingon females for Starfleet are not available to buy from the Requisition Officer, yet you can get them from the New Officer missions when you level up.

Also there's a purple coloured (very rare) level of bridge officers for Admirals, and maybe the later stages of Captain. These tend to have level III abilities that aren't available to train from anywhere else.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 04:17 AM
Thank you, that explains why they look fairly similar to my normal Boff's.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2010, 04:49 AM
To be honest so far i've seen very few decent (for me) abilities on my green, blue and the 2 purple BOff's i now have. I have 2 unused slots from hitting Admiral and i have no real need to even fill them and i have i think 6 blue and 2 purple quality BOff's sitting in my assignment window. No clue what i am going to do with thme.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2010, 04:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreadscythe
To be honest so far i've seen very few decent (for me) abilities on my green, blue and the 2 purple BOff's i now have. I have 2 unused slots from hitting Admiral and i have no real need to even fill them and i have i think 6 blue and 2 purple quality BOff's sitting in my assignment window. No clue what i am going to do with thme.
Might come in handy if you change ships, as other ships use more/less of different officers (assuming you don't already have 2x tac, 2x sci, 2x eng)
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2010, 05:04 AM
I'd like to see trait upgrading for BOffs. Really the one thing that makes me get anxious about the potential to lose my BOffs.

Now, I'm not looking to exchange one trait for another. New BOffs should have the potential to be attractive for a better combination of traits. But I really hate the idea of trading one Vulcan for another and losing all the skills just because there's no other way to rank up traits.

It would be nice if you could simply upgrade traits somehow.
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-07-2010, 05:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by flibby
Might come in handy if you change ships, as other ships use more/less of different officers (assuming you don't already have 2x tac, 2x sci, 2x eng)
I already have 3 Tacts, 3 engineers and 2 science fully trained up for their ranks.
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-07-2010, 05:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
I'd like to see trait upgrading for BOffs. Really the one thing that makes me get anxious about the potential to lose my BOffs.

Now, I'm not looking to exchange one trait for another. New BOffs should have the potential to be attractive for a better combination of traits. But I really hate the idea of trading one Vulcan for another and losing all the skills just because there's no other way to rank up traits.

It would be nice if you could simply upgrade traits somehow.
I don't see the big deal here Leviathan99. Since you can get unlimited BO points, what's the problem? You just have re-skill them up. It is not like you "can't" ever get the skills back up. Now, if there wasn't a way to do this...then I'd be right along with you. However, I'm not going to lose sleep over this matter and just accept it as a game mechanic.