Go Back   Star Trek Online > Fleet Administrative Station > Earth Spacedock
Login

Lt. Commander
Hello to anyone who reads this message and thank you for taking the time to read it.

I am currently the Commander of the USS KIRISHIMA a research Vessel. I'm a carreer Science Officer.

Ok so about me and what I bring to the table. First I am a very team oriented player I work well with others mostly, unfortunately it seems that as of know not to many people I meat out in space are too interested in teaming up or for that matter even becoming a friend of yours. Don't get me wrong I've had a few people who I've teamed up during my adventures thus far but It would seem that several of them have either quit or are indisposed. Hence I keep doing missions these days by myself sigh!

Here is my background this is my first MMORPG and probably will be the only one I'll ever play. I've been excited about this game for a long time when I first heard it was coming out and while thus far it's not exactly what I've been hoping for especially the away missions which are for the most part attrocious. I'm still a lifer and I'll stick by this game I feel like one of the fans that went to see Star Trek the Motionless Picture eight times trying to make sure the movie did well enough to make another, with the hopes that the sequal would be great, which we all know that it payed off with Star Trek II. So I'm going to keep playing and giving constructive criticism and hope that some of these problems are addressed finally. After all I'm a for lifer lol.

What do I bring since this is my first MMORPG well I am a great tactician for one, I played a lot of Star Fleet Battles back in the day, and when Star Fleet Command and the sequal came out I was one of the consistently highest ranking Klingon captain in the entire league of players. We had a league where we would keep points called the Star Lance League. We would keep track of wins and losses I was always in the high 60's and low 70s in winning percentage I had to have been in well over two thousand matches during htat time. I practiced a lot of 2 v 2 and the occassional 3 v 3 when the server would hold it which was rare back then lol. I became a vice Admiral in the fleet I was on the House of Chang. Finally my friend and I went and started a sister fleet called DOA for the life of me I can't remember what it actually meant but well it was a play on words to mean "Dead on Arrival". I collaborated and wrote a complete strategic and tactical manual for our fleet which I was the Admiral of, I often got a lot of complaints about how thurough i was in my tactical advice and thurough explanation of how to properly captain a klingon ship in that game. I was meticulous about when you fire and what you do prior to firing everytime you would fire missiles first wait until they were destroyed the the opponents phaser point defense systems then that would cause them to lose reinforcement on their shields while weapons would charge and at that time you strike on the same shield always and the target for most was always the front shield to deny the enemy the possibility of being able to chase you or turn directly at you to alpha strike. But many of the players couldn't grasp the idea that in the Star Fleet comand game and in Star fleet Battles the predecessor board game the Klingons were made for speed manueverabiliity and the ability to employ the medium to long range Klingon "Saber Dance". You see in this game Klingons were fragile but they had the best fire arcs in the game and the best power to weapons engines ratio. Anyhow I' won't go to far into this one ithere was a lot of things that were much more complicated than that. Anyhow, I ended up writing a fourty page manual on tactics for success as a klingon.

So what am I looking for in a team. I want to be good at the PVP in this game from what I've seen thus far from the few fights I've been involved in that there was almost no cooperation whatsoever between the federation players and as a result we all got beat up. I want a group of guys to train with in fact I have a lot of ideas for great tactics to use against the Klingons. I want a group to train how to be a cohesive unit down to the powers and weapons we take into the fights with us even. I want our ships order and targets to already be pre-arranged. I don't have any of the new voice technology yet I would have fo find a microphone and I guess download or buy the Software. But while i want to get into the PVP aspect of things and I may seem a bit serious but in reality I'm easy to get alnog with and I also love flying just the single missions as well, I'm just a little bored with nobody flying the missions with me at this point I'm always going alone.

I'd like to make some new friends who I can trust to have my back in a scrap and that we can train to the point where we can anticipate each others moves. If you want someone who brings a lot of sound tactical knowledge and likes having fun at the same time well let me know if you are interested in me then.

thanks for your time,
Live long and Prosper!

Commander Ariel S. Schwick
callsign Osiris
Commanding officer of the USS KIRISHIMA
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 02:51 AM
I'm sorry I feel I left something out I am what you all would say seasoned having just turned thirty recently so I am not the type to bring any extra baggage with me.

In addition, I am all about working as a team to achieve our goals and make ourselves better.

I would be interested in another PVP league starting up I hope something like that happens and that we can actually get some fleet action matches that matter in a sort of win/ lose category. Perhaps doing the League in seasons would be a good way to do things.

I also am reliable for the most part unless real life is getting in my way I always try my best to make certain that I am where I say I will be unless It just isn't possible and if that happens I am at least courteous enough to send someone an e-mail cancelling.

Honor, Integrity, and Loyalty are the keys to success on any fleet organization.

Qu' Pla
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 03:33 AM
Well is anyone in the Washington Metropolitan region we've got almost 2/1/2 feet of snow here it's absurd it took me over 2 hours to shovel the driveway out. impulse on full..
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 04:54 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osiris301 View Post
Well is anyone in the Washington Metropolitan region we've got almost 2/1/2 feet of snow here it's absurd it took me over 2 hours to shovel the driveway out. impulse on full..
Not much better near Philly. Hear we have more heading this way early in the week also.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 07:13 AM
Wow! What a post. Here's the deal with the 1-8-7. We are a fleet which allows everyone to play their own way. This means PvE, PvP, RP and any combination of the above. We do have some passionate PvPers and would welcome someone who felt the same. All we ask is for members to respect others who play differently than they do and to represent the 1-8-7 well in-game.

Personally, I'm not much into PvP, but if I had had someone write a 40 page guide I may have liked it more. I'm not knocking PvP by any means- heck I'm recruiting you aren't I? It's just not my favorite aspect of the game. I do intend to give it a try once I feel like I have a good grasp of the game. Maybe you'll be able to teach me how to PvP and win me over! Haha!

We do use vent, and as a PvPer, once you get that going I believe you'll understand the tactical advantage of not having to type while being bombarded by Klingons. The software is free but a mic will be necessary. Most use headphones, but not all. That choice is up to you.

We have a website and want members to be active on it and in game. We're looking for members, not numbers. Does this mean daily? No. Regularly? Yes.

The best way to get to know us is to stop by the website and see what we're all about. Head on over to fleet187.com and check things out. I think you'll be glad you did.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2010, 10:06 AM
Ohh and I by no means am stuck on the PVP aspect i just mearly have a lot of past experience with it is all. Like I said I like the RPG part of this game and doing the single player missions which to my best knowledge is still the best way to level up in this game. As far as I'm hearing I'd be fine with joining up I just wanted to basically show my resume off and see who was actually interested in having me aboard.

I do also want to ask is this fleet somewhat layed back and understanding of people having busy schedules and such? I'm not twenty years old and have 16 hours a day to spend on the web pounding on a game like i used too. Although it seems I've had a few of those days since i got involved in STO lol. But I am for instance a fulltime student, a new house and fiancee, and a part-time job too boot, and when the weather breaks I play sports as well.

But I'm willing to make the obligation to be as active as possible which will be quite a lot I'd imagine as I am a night owl and mostly play this game in the evenings and late at night. I also would be happy to start working on a manual for the fleet as soon as I've gotten some thorough practice in with the other players and have determined what works and what doesn't precisely.