Lt. Commander
I mean i don't mind an hour or 2 of down time each day (sure a none primetime slot for US and EU would be nice but we can't have everything)

Eve has downtime daily for an hour or so, and if Cryptic were to have a similar system to let the servers cool down, do some technical tweaks, release tiny patches and so on then i really wouldn't mind.

so cryptic from me to you, i don't mind, if it helps you guys sort out issues and have a break from the constant server stress then do it

Neo
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-07-2010, 04:59 AM
^what he said
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-07-2010, 04:59 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoWolf06 View Post
I mean i don't mind an hour or 2 of down time each day (sure a none primetime slot for US and EU would be nice but we can't have everything)

Eve has downtime daily for an hour or so, and if Cryptic were to have a similar system to let the servers cool down, do some technical tweaks, release tiny patches and so on then i really wouldn't mind.

so cryptic from me to you, i don't mind, if it helps you guys sort out issues and have a break from the constant server stress then do it

Neo
I wouldn't mind either, but the thing is that EVE is a absolute huge game, and no MMO compares to it. As fari as i know EVE has the largest server cluster of any game to date, so that behemoth warrants a daily maitenance schedule.
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-07-2010, 05:00 AM
Gives me time to empty the poop sock.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-07-2010, 05:01 AM
One month and you wont see anyone complaining about down time.
Watch and see.
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-07-2010, 05:03 AM
Me... I don't mind. It's luch time here so I'm off for a run around the village, then back home for a shower, eat lunch. Then it's back to STO.

No, I don't mind at all.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2010, 05:03 AM
Nobody likes being unable to play the game they pay for.

It is a required evil but people still complain about it.

It's like in PVP, some people actually take it personal when you blow them away or make angry little comments or insults because they are unhappy. But at the end of the day, you killed them in a computer game while they were trying to kill you at the same time. Makes no sense.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2010, 05:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by massdev
Gives me time to empty the poop sock.

Lt. Commander
# 9
02-07-2010, 05:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by VainEldritch View Post

You know vain, every time I see you forum avatar I keep expecting to see an erection.

I'm not sure why that is
Lt. Commander
# 10
02-07-2010, 05:09 AM
Woke up early, server's down.
It's irritating to be sure, but I can live with it. Gives me time to make breakfast, get the coffee perked, and work on a character build before it's back up.