Lt. Commander
# 11
02-07-2010, 04:10 AM
I only mind the unexpected midday downtime. The scheduled early morning downtime I'm fine with, even if it cuts me off. Why? Because it's expected.
Lt. Commander
# 12
02-07-2010, 04:12 AM
I look forward to the frequency of maintenance cycles going down, but I'm not freaking out over it in the first 3 weeks of the game. I hope for only weekly shut downs from, say, month 3 and later.
Lt. Commander
# 13
02-07-2010, 04:13 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlwaysRemember
You know vain, every time I see you forum avatar I keep expecting to see an erection.

I'm not sure why that is
I'm not often rendered speechless, but this came close.

The avatar is actually a wood print of a spirit called Orobas, horse lord of the undeworld. I love horses (in a platonic way, so no erections).

I thought it would be a good ship "flag" design for the USS Crazy Horse, as I saw the UFP flag emblazoned on my Light Cruiser. But alas, I do not believe we can paste custom art on our ships, but the avatar stayed.

It does look like some kind of depiction of pagan spermatic joy, I suppose.

Lt. Commander
# 14
02-07-2010, 04:13 AM
I like scheduled downtimes, it creates routine, however i would prefer it if it was to start an hour earlier so it would sit in a window of 10am til 12 noon. This would mean the server availability would be there during lunch breaks.

Downtime here or there is a necessary thing.. and anyway it gives folk chance to go do other things and not be (hopefully) sat in front of the pc. I use this time wisely and you get to enjoy the downtime as much as the time you spend playing.
Lt. Commander
# 15
02-07-2010, 04:14 AM
I should be sleeping right now...

That said, I had a life before STO came along... In fact, I still live it. In a situation when STO isn't available, I look to my outside life for something else to do. It's not really all that difficult a concept. Of course, I'm paying for STO now... But just like any MMO, maintenance and server crashes become more infrequent as time goes on.
Lt. Commander
# 16
02-07-2010, 04:15 AM
I do not mind at all. I can understand the bumps on the road, especially on the game launch. I had been playing EVE and on-hour downtime everyday is not anything unbearable. I only wish Cryptic make it official .
Lt. Commander
# 17
02-07-2010, 04:17 AM
Sure the downtime is irratating but I would rather have the issues fixed so I don't mind the downtime too much as I know they are working on issues

As an IT Techy I know anything to do with computers your going to have problems, When they work they are fantastic but when they are not working they can be a real pain in the ass

And with a new MMO your always going to have problems just takes time to get everything ironed out

Wow was horrible on launch and every other mmo that comes out is an improvement on it , nothing can be as bad as the wow launch
Lt. Commander
# 18
02-07-2010, 04:17 AM
MMOs are always growing and changing. Downtime is when they eat.
Lt. Commander
# 19
02-07-2010, 04:19 AM
I don't mind the downtime.
Lt. Commander
# 20
02-07-2010, 04:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sporkmeister
MMOs are always growing and changing. Downtime is when they eat.
It's funny 'cause it's true...