Lt. Commander
# 1 Hit and Run
02-06-2010, 03:00 PM
Hey there,

I am playing Klingons for 1 week now on lvl 15. And so far I am surprised about the nonsense most Klinong do in pvp arena. I think the Klingons ships are less resilient than federation. Therefore they wont survive focus fire not so well. But we got a cloaking device. But it seems most people dont use it. They just fly cloaked to the enemy decloak bummm. Then u wont take advantage of it. The Klingons need to cloak..sneak then hit and then R U N. But 99% of the player stuck at hit. They run to late or run not at all. Therefore my tip for hit and run tactic:
Fly in cloaked 100 on weapon. Use all CD and nuke a ship hard (normally u wont destroy it) even before u decloak and use all CD have engines go to 100. Dont go for second attack just run ! This way u wont kill the guy but that will be the job of your partner with the same tactic. U will lose no ship this way and get certain kills. But people need to play together for that.

If there is anybody out there who wanna play some good pvp I would be glad to join him. My ingame Name is Grak.
Lt. Commander
# 2
02-06-2010, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Medicus27 View Post
Hey there,

I am playing Klingons for 1 week now on lvl 15. And so far I am surprised about the nonsense most Klinong do in pvp arena. I think the Klingons ships are less resilient than federation. Therefore they wont survive focus fire not so well. But we got a cloaking device. But it seems most people dont use it. They just fly cloaked to the enemy decloak bummm. Then u wont take advantage of it. The Klingons need to cloak..sneak then hit and then R U N. But 99% of the player stuck at hit. They run to late or run not at all. Therefore my tip for hit and run tactic:
Fly in cloaked 100 on weapon. Use all CD and nuke a ship hard (normally u wont destroy it) even before u decloak and use all CD have engines go to 100. Dont go for second attack just run ! This way u wont kill the guy but that will be the job of your partner with the same tactic. U will lose no ship this way and get certain kills. But people need to play together for that.

If there is anybody out there who wanna play some good pvp I would be glad to join him. My ingame Name is Grak.
heres an easier solution engine battery + evasive manuevers. GG

edit: wrong battery type
Lt. Commander
# 3
02-06-2010, 03:09 PM
youll just get hit by VM and GG
Lt. Commander
# 4
02-06-2010, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgelo View Post
you see that big purple orb coming at you? pop your battery and evasive manuevers and GTFO. by the time it hits you your already out of range.
Lt. Commander
# 5
02-06-2010, 04:13 PM
Find but it only works for BoP. And T2 and up there more ships than theat which canīt battlecloak. Its way harder to Get out if you arenīt able to cloak immediatly.

Most time Hit and run is a tradeoff. You get one and run. while they get one of you or more.

Better idea is stay and get as much dmg in. when 2 or more are down the rest runs zu reengange as fast as possible. But in most games i have seen it was when we broke the fedball they never formed up again and we got them by full impulse rushing into us or trying to find the others.

But good teamplay with defensive abilitys (and tanks that do their job).

Get to T3. with Cruisers the wohle gameplay changes a bit. Because they wont run.

And hopefully we get T2 Cruisers soon...
Lt. Commander
# 6
02-06-2010, 11:51 PM
U got me wrong guys. U dont need battle cloak to escape. U go in with 100 power on weapons shoot hard and go out with 100 engine. They never been able to catch u. Againt VM use Science Team I since u see it coming. In my last 10 games or so I didnt even get caught once this way. For t3 I dont know yet, but the prinicple should be the same.

But u also right, once u break the bulk of fed ships they normally never recover.
Lt. Commander
# 7
02-07-2010, 01:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by madgelo View Post
Tac. gets Omega, VM fail, erhm any hold root or whatever fails.

To the OP, i use hit and run tactics.

Iv'e been called a lot of things like coward and worse, but in the end you didn't give them a point and as you sad maybe you didn't kill the guy, but your team mates did.
Lt. Commander
# 8
02-07-2010, 01:36 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wryce View Post
Tac. gets Omega, VM fail, erhm any hold root or whatever fails.

To the OP, i use hit and run tactics.

Iv'e been called a lot of things like coward and worse, but in the end you didn't give them a point and as you sad maybe you didn't kill the guy, but your team mates did.
totally agree. U almost never die and u hit them. This way u win. But I guess for most Klingons it is either not worthwhile to invest so much time in one pvp game (since same reward anyway) or the just not smart enough for it. Always wanna go for the kill. U go in and rip off the shields...then u stay because now u can imba nuke hull...and that is the moment u usually die :-)
Lt. Commander
# 9
02-07-2010, 05:49 AM
I've been using this tactic a bit as well, has worked sometimes when a fellow team mate has finished the job I started but usually I just end up cloaking and trying a second attack run myself while everyone else is off chasing one guy who flew too far from his team.